Ten

It has been two weeks since I started dating Folu and everyday for that past two weeks, school has become a nightmare for me. He forbid me from talking to Mide which I think is a really stupid thing tp do considering he's my seatmate but he doesn't seem to care.

He threatened to reveal the secret I've been keeping for a long time if I act out of place. It wasn't like I wanted to continue acting as his girlfriend but I wasn't ready and would never be ready for the shun, fear, hatred, anger and sympathy that came with the truth.

Also, I told my myself every single time that I was doing this for mum. I had become strong to overcome what had happened once and I believe I could again even if it involve making a few loses like Mide but I wasn't ready to make my mom loss anything again.

She had lost a lot back then and she deserves to be happy. And if what she deserves to be happy is me having a fake relationship with Folu then so be it.

"I don't like that look on your face. It screams determination." Ife's voice shook me out of my thoughts as I formed a light smile at her for her benefit, I wasn't exactly ready to divulge into the matter.

"What's wrong." She probed, probably realizing I won't tell her what's wrong.

"Nothing, where's Shade?" I ask.

"She's over there talking to Larry and others." She said as I nodded.

"Where's Mide?" I ask, just to keep the conversation going since I couldn't really tell her what I was thinking about.

"Right here." He replied from my other side which could only mean I was in between the both of them. I took a deep breath as I turned to him.

"Hi." I said.

"Nice of you to finally acknowledge my existence." He replied, a sad smile on his face as I felt an Invisible urge to pull my hands up and smooth the sadness on his face. I almost gave in to the push until I remembered my situation and the hope in his eyes died almost immediately.

"Please excuse me." He said, standing up in such an hurry that startled me.

"What's wrong with you?" Ife ask, a bewildered look on her face as If she couldn't believe I had gave him a bit of hope only to crush it.

"What do you mean?" I played stupid.

"Don't act stupid. We both know Mide likes you and I know it's been just 3 weeks since he joined the class but the pull between you two is strong and in my opinion inevitable. What I don't understand is why you are fighting it." She said, groaning in annoying.

"Sometimes, something's are better left unexplained." I said as tears filled my eyes, I struggled not to let it out as I rushed out of the class. I didn't know where I was going to but a hand shot out and dragged me into an empty class.

"Folu, I don't have..." I started struggling against him as I made out Mide's face in the darkness.

"Shhh, calm down. It's just me." He said as the urge from earlier became more urge than ever.

"Mide." I let out, placing a palm on his cheek as I traced my finger around his face features. The tears fell then, the one that seem like they have been waiting an eternity to finally be let out.

Surprising the both of us, I crash my lips against his as he gasp in surprise and I used the opportunity to enter into his mouth.

"Thank goodness I've had a lot of practice." I thought as I suddenly stiffen and Mide stopped looking at me, both hands still around my waist.

"One day, you will be grateful I taught you all this." That voice that has been haunting me my entire life replayed in my head as I start to shake in Mide's hand.

"Tinu, hey. Look at me." He said urgently as I tried to understood what he was saying but everything went fuzzy, out of focus then I embraced the darkness that came next.

Mide's POV
"Ooh shit, She fainted." I thought as I rushed her to the sickbay. Thankfully for me the halls were quiet, most students were in class.

"Miss, I need help with my friend. She fainted." I said urgently as I entered the sickbay. The young lady jumped up in alert and quickly rendered a helping hand while doing her job while I heard the older nurse reading a magazine mutter,

"This young young girls and how early they get pregnant. What exactly is this world turning to." She said, turning to look at Tinu with a look disgust as something very protective rose in me and asked me to protect her.

Thank goodness the younger nurse asked me a question then on whether she has eaten, if she was sick and stuffs like that. I told her I didn't know but promise to go get her brother who would be able to answer those questions as I ran off.

Getting a permission from Seye's teacher was easy since the old man seem not to care about anything going on in the class.

"How did she faint." Seye ask again for the thousandth time as we walked down the hall.

"We were talking and she fainted." I said, because for some reason I knew that even though Seye was my friend, he wouldn't feel comfortable knowing I was kissing his sister when she fainted or she was kissing me.

I shook my head to clear it as we finally got to the sickbay. The nurse was already seated back and when we got there, she asked Seye some questions and ask the both of us to fill a form regarding her health that it would be easy for an hospital to take over if the need be.

***
A'N: Don't forget to vote and comment. Love y'all 💕