Chap 3

The three of you arrive at the restaurant. Everyone is already here and you see Jack is looking at you. You wave at him and he did the same thing. You take a seat next to him.

"I'm glad you're here tonight." He said. "Yeah." You said, awkwardly. He acts different than usual. Is he flirting with you or he's just trying to be nice again after the argument you had between him before?

You and Jack used to be a fling. Both of you only want to have a fun but not a serious relationship with each other. He was mad after you told him you're in relationship with Daniel. They used to fight with each other but things are good now.

"Where's Daniel?" He asked. Youre trying to avoid that question but nope, you're not going to. "He's now in Italy for business trip." You said. He leans closer and whisper "So, that means I can be around you?"

He smirked and lean back to his position. "Nope. Whether he's here or no, you can't be with me." You said. Corbyn looks at you and "Please don't ruin it, Jack,Faye.

"Sure." Jack said and starts to put his arm on the chair that you're sitting. "Jack." He put his arm away from you. You excused yourself and go to the toilet. You met Selene and he quickly ended the call after she saw you.

"You look pale. What are you afraid of?" You asked. "Nothing. I'm just startled a bit after I saw your reflection on the mirror." She walks pass by you quickly as if she's afraid of getting caught. "What's going on with that woman?" You touch up your face with a little more makeup.

You heard a phone rings. It's not your phone but it's Selene's phone. You check the caller ID. It's Daniel. You decide to answer it. "Hey, Selene, I hope you don't mind if I come over tomorrow? Faye thought that I'm going to be in Italy for a few days and I thought she's smart enough to know that I'm actually lying."

What a jerk. "Selene? Are you there?"

"Daniel. Are you done talking? Care to explain?" You said. "Faye." You sense a panic in his voice once he know it's you. "It's not like what-

You saw Selene opens the toilet room and "Have you seen my phone?" You smile at her and hold her phone. "This?"

"Daniel?" Selene said once you gave back her phone. "I'll leave you two." You said and leaves the toilet. You're now sitting at your seat and act like nothing happens. "Are you okay?" Christina said. You nod and stare at Selene once you caught her looking at you. She looks scared.

"Faye." You turned  around and Jack gives a confused look. "If you feel not okay, I'll send you home." You usually decline his offer but this time, you say yes and both of you leaves the restaurant earlier than you thought.

"So, tell me about it. I'm all ears." He said. You told him everything while his eyes focus on the road. He even gives you some advice instead of inciting you. "You already know the truth but you shouldn't jump into a conclusion. Let him explain first. Listen to your heart. If you really think it's time to let go, you should end it but if you think he deserves to be with you, by giving him a second chance, sure, do it. But, I want you to happy, Faye. There's no use if you keep holding to a relationship if it's slowly falling apart. "

"Thanks." You said once he send you to your apartment. "See you tomorrow!" He said.

The morning comes and you have kidney beans and half boiled egg for breakfast. You take your bag with you and leave to work.

"The gossip." Corbyn said quietly. You know it's going to be heard by everyone at the office. "So?" You said you, calmly. You could just stabbed anyone that's talking bout it or looking at you. "I'm just reminding you that you're a hot story for this week." He said.

"Thanks. I'm gonna do my work right now. Don't disturb me unless there's something important to say. " You said. You put your earphones on and start typing. You're lost in your world again. You try to stop thinking about Daniel as he'd be distracting enough for you.

You try to forget what happened last night. You want him to man up this time. If he really wants you, he will do anything to keep you with him.

You pause the music player. You're waiting for the coffee machine before having your coffee. "Faye. I should tell you something." Selene said. She normally being bitchy but today, she doesn't look like herself. "Selene. It's not professional to talk about personal things while at the work place. We'll talk about this later."