Chap 5

2 months later....

"I'm so happy for you!" You said to Christina. It's finally Corbina's day. You walk Christina walk down the aisle with his dad by her side. Corbyn can't stop smiling while waiting for her bride to be by her side.

"I do." After the both said that, it's finally official they're married. "You may kiss the bride." All you can see is love once they start kissing. They really love each other. You find yourself to shed a litlle tears. "I'm glad they're finally married." You turned around and see Jack. "Yes, I can't wait to babysit their cute lovely children."

You eyes are looking around and you see Daniel locks his arms with a girl. She's gorgeous while she's wearing peachy dress.They look so happy. Daniel sees you and smile at you. That damn smile. You smile back at him. It feel likes the clock stops ticking and only both of you are there.

I miss you, Daniel.

"Faye?" Jack said. "Y-y-yes?" You said and turn your attention to him. "What are you looking at?" He asked. "Nothing. I'm just lost in thoughts... Sorry, what you just said just now?" You try to search him again in the crowds but you can't see him.

"I was asking you if you want to go out with me? What bout we go this Sunday?" You bite your lower lip and "I-I am not sure if I can, but I'll text you if I'm going."

You hug Corbyn and Christina before you leave the wedding ceremony. You start you car engine. You drive your way to the lake you usually go everytime you want to clear your mind. "It's time to move on, Faye." You whispered to yourself. You're sitting by the lake.

You see the your own reflection once you stare at the lake. But, this, time you see Daniel's reflection. You don't want to look up and "Hey." He said. You're not dreaming this time... He's right beside you now.

"Hi." You said. He sits next to you and it feels like old time again. "How's life?" He asked. "Good. And how about you?"

"Same as yours but even much better. Hey, don't give that serious look..."

"So, new girl, huh?" You elbow him gently and he chuckled. "Damn, you know me so well!" He added. "I'm happy for you. It's good to know you're living your life..." He tucks a strand of your hair behind your ear and "Faye, she's just a close friend of mine. Well, we try to get to know each other... But, nothing serious yet."

"Oooh. Good luck with that."

Both of you spent the evening together by sitting near by the lake. You wish that everything is going back to normal after what both of you weny through but you know you should move on if that's for the best. "Faye, if you don't mind, do you want to come over to my house later?"

"I don't know... Maybe?"

Once you get back home, you call your mum. "Mum. I need your help." You can hear your dad's laugh in the background. "My little girl got a problem."She said."Mum, I met Daniel and he asks me to come over this late evening. Should I? And oh, Jack wants to go out with me tomorrow night... Guess, I shouldn't go, right? Please tell me that I'm right... "

"Honey. You're all single now. You can go out and have fun. It's just going on with your guy friends. Or is it you that makes everything kinda complicated?" She added again. "Fine. Thanks mum but I'll call you back later. Bye!"

"I'm waiting for your answer. Is it yes or no?" You had a moment of thinking before answering it. "If I say no, what would you do?"

"I'll come over to your place. Please, say yes. I want to hear you bad jokes again..." He said to you. You laughed and "Fine. I'll be there soon."

You check your closet and find a blue floral dress that you bought recently. You tied your hair in ponytail way. "Done."

You took a cab. After 10 minutes, you're now in front of Daniel's apartment area. He lives at 6th floor and you use the elevator to get there.
"You're right on time." He raised his eyebrows at you and "I know. I'll never let other people waiting on me."

"I would wait for you."

"Can I come in?" He stand by the door. He let you come inside and you see he's on his whole new level. There are 2 plate of chicken chop with 2 glasses of red wine. There's a dessert on the table as well which is Crème brûlée. He did made the dessert before during the first date.

He pulled the chair out and helped you in. "That's so nice of you. Thank you." You try to fake your British accent and "Your welvome, young lady. My pleasure."

The evening tea time went well and you feel like you're bringing back to life once you hear his laughter when you made the jokes.