Hunters' Dinner

On the other side of the manor, dinner was much more agitated.

"Like, I was this close to the rocket chair, the Gardner had literally no chance of getting away, and then, bam!!" Joker punched the table so abruptly his friends' plates jumped. He had been screaming his lungs out for the entire meal. He acted like he was telling the story of his life and everyone's eyes and ears were wide open for him. Except for Joseph.

The Photographer was mentally slapping the hell out of himself. Although there was no specific rule about not being permitted to talk to opponents, Joseph was so sure he messed up he couldn't even hear the clown.

"The Forward pours in, dashing like the crazy man he is and hits his head on the wall!"

The hunters laughed so hard Joseph could not keep up with his thoughts anymore.

"What about Emma?" Yidhra asked after her steric breakdown.

"Oh, she managed to get away. Unfortunately. I was laughing so hard at the scene I thought I was about to pass out. I got the Forward, tho!"

"Joseph!"

He turned his head to the right. White had a preoccupied look stamped on his face.

"What?"

"At least try to have a little bit of fun. I can't stand that serious face anymore."

"Mind your own business, I'm alright..."

White looked at Michiko, who was on the other seat next to Joseph. She waved her right hand near her neck, signing something like cut it out.

"Alright, guys, serious business now." Hastur waited until the Hunters' attention was directed to him. "Who is going to play the first match tomorrow?"

White looked at Joseph. He didn't move.

"I'll do it!" The Geisha announced happily.

"That was easy." Violetta said.

Easy on Joseph, at least. All he wanted was a break from these games.

===========

There wasn't much to say about the hunters' dinner, so this chapter is smaller than usual. You can see this as an "extra chapter" if you want :)