Chapter 6: Late Nights

Hey! Sorry I haven't been writing or updating anything! So here's a chapter for you :) SierraOwls

Chapter 6: Late Nights

-Week Later-

“Hey Marcus,” Hearing my name, I quickly paused the video that I was editing and slipped off my earphones. I looked up to see Smith patiently waiting for me.

“Oh hey Smith,” I said, slacking off the croaky voice I had from talking with a low voice. “I just finished you guys some Hat Corp. Stuff: I guess you’re here to ask me to edit stuff.”

“Oh no mate,” Smith leaned against the head board which separated all of us around the room. “The guys thought since you’ve been working so hard, we thought we four can go out, drink and stuff.” It took me at least 10 seconds until I said yes. Drinking was a little hobby I had when I turned 21, since then I secretly drank in some late nights when I’m either stressed or just lonely. Aria and Hazel both had boyfriends; both lived far away. Since they couldn’t do anything – and also didn’t accept the ‘long distant relationship’, they drove to their love ones. As was I: I was drinking my sadness slowly because I was single.

But I loved it, which was also a coincidence since Smith was also a heavy drinker.

“We’ll go after work.” Smith told me before he went back and recorded with Trott and Ross. Anyways, it’s been another week, another week with no reply from Marcus or anybody. Aria had gone to relatives, as Hazel had to visit her uncle who was ill. I was still not found out from anybody, which was totally... amazing?! The other members hadn’t went back, which was obviously bugging the whole office. The channels weren’t filled with vlogs apart from Kim’s or Turps, and nobody had posted anything on Twitter or Face book.

However, during the week, there were two new members that came in the office. One was a woman - maybe a bit younger than me – and a man who looked the same age as her. The man was quite tall, not as much as Smith or Ross but still tall. The woman was a bit taller than me, and had her wavy, dark brown hair pinned up in places. With the amount of curiosity she had, she was very serious-looking but was quite perky and friendly. They looked like they knew each other quite well, because they got along and talked together well.

The man had dark – almost black – brown hair which was short and neat; slightly curly at some strands but I knew this because of this contacts. Literally, these contacts were miracle workers! Anyways, I saw them with Anya: who was probably explaining that Lewis and Simon were still in L.A for some mysterious reason. The three then walked up to the upper floor before I caught anyone’s names.

Back to reality, after work of adding animation to their videos, I was the last to exit the building out of the 4 of us. The Hat trio were already in Ross’ car; and I hopped in the back with Smith: unhopefully.

Whenever I was around him, I felt all weird and fuzzy, nothing that I can expect when you have a crush that badly. Smith was really nice as a friend, but how can you know him if I – myself – is pretending to be someone? How does he even think of me as Marcus? Is this even a crush for me?

It became a threat after even 20 seconds of thinking about it. It was like it was pulling me into stress, but it was a normal feeling to me. My old work, before this crazy plan happened: was alright, but stressful. One of the many problems that results to drinking was stress.

10 minutes later, lights from the streets had brightly shone as we went pass the main street of the town and into a much more lower class. I looked out of the window to see the pub sign suspended out. Feeling the car slowly decreasing to a halt, Ross parked beside the pavement and all of us got out. The cold air came in as I shoved my hood on and we walked up the front door of the pub. Trott opened the door for us, and we all searched for a table in the busy area. There were men laughing and being drunk – hence it was a pub, there was a massive crowd in the back corner of the place: with people laughing and maybe chugging down beer. People were definitely having a blast!

We finally sat down on a table beside the window and a waiter went up to us. She had her blond hair tied in a bun messily, her face was completely painted (literally) of makeup and she had this really cheesy smile that kind of made me twitch slightly. Somehow, she looked so familiar.

“Hello, so what kind of drinks do you want to get?” She spoke with this really annoying; squeaky voice. Then it clicked me... it was that b*tch that was hitting me on the train. I’m hoping now she doesn’t recognise me.

Ross was first to order: saying that he wanted a beer and so did Trott. Smith – as I thought – ordered a whiskey: a beverage stronger than the other two. I also ordered the same as Smith’s.

When I said so, Smith said, “Thank god I’m not the only one who’s a heavy drinker!”

“Sometimes we have to drag him out of the pub and back to the house,” Trott told me and I nodded. We looked back at the waiter who’d been writing stuff down in a piece of paper. She cleared off but I swear she winked at me before she did. In my mind, I shuddered from the thought and took out my phone.

“Well someone likes you,” Smith added and he laughed back. “Do you know her?”

I spoke, “Well hell no, she was creeping me out in the train when I was travelling here.”

Ross got involved and said, “Well good, because the other day: you and Anya were talking in the corridor about work.” Well he’s a stalker...

I sighed, “We’re just friends, there’s nothing going on between us.”

“I hate to break the conversation but... Anya does have feelings for you.” Trott piped in; and everyone nodded in agreement. I was about to protest until the waiter came back with our drinks. She was eyeing at all times, giving me cheesy smiles and all that stuff. Smith was trying not the laugh as the other Two were pulling kissy faces behind the girl’s back. Jesus Christ people...

It was getting worse when the girl started writing something down on a piece of paper and slipping it secretly under my pint glass. After that awful phase, she walked away with a wink. The trio laughed and I sighed hopelessly.

Call me ;)

That was what it said on the paper, and at the back of it was her number I guess. I felt Smith breathe next to me and I turned around to see him peeking at the paper in my hands.

“God mate!” He laughed, “She’s desperate!” He took a sip of his glass and we all followed. My head had stung a bit, but it was usual feeling. Whenever I take a drink of whiskey, I always get dizzy: then everything is fine afterwards.

The whole night was on a full swing, we talked mostly about work; games and YouTube. My record of having at least 2 drinks was over the limit as I drank my 5th drink for the night. Smith had 4 drinks already and was surprised that I had a strong taste of beverage. The two of us were drunk as Ross and Trott were trying for us not to do something stupid or anything idiotic. They were like our parents for the night.

Anyways, the paper that I was given: I ripped it. I don’t know why I did, maybe it was the whiskey. I don’t really know?! Things got out of hand around 10 in the night. Smith was all over the place, and now he somehow got into a little fight with the other men. And in my concern, he was getting beaten down by the pulp with the huge man in the corner of the room. I got up with Ross and Trott with me and we pried off Smith from giving the other guy a broken nose.

“Let me have a go at him!” Smith roared as we pulled him through the crowd and outside. Trott told me he wasn’t like this at all at most times and this was technically the worse from before.

“How come you’re not drunk and you drank like almost 6 pints of Jack Daniels?” Ross said as we shoved Smith at the back seat with me.

I shrugged and replied, “I usually drink, got used to the feeling.” Ross nodded and got in the driver’s seat. After stretching out to put on Smith’s seatbelt, I did my own and we all drove off back home.

I heard Smith yawn beside me, slowly drifting to sleep. Then, I felt his head lean beside my shoulder, which gave me goose bumps all over. It felt really awkward, in my brother’s perspective... but I felt it was alright.

Smiling, I close my eyes and drift off with Smith beside me.