Chapter 4

Chapter 4

When I opened my eyes, I was laying on my bed with Ashling, Arella and mum hovering around my bed.

‘What happened?’ I asked as I slowly sat up with a vein banging against my skull. ‘I don’t remember going to sleep.’

‘You didn’t go to sleep.’ Ashling explained. ‘That girl used her powers to knock you out and sneak out past us all.’

Arella folded her arms, ‘not only does she know the entrance or the location of the dynasty, she is now running home to the other black-souls that will use that as valuable information – which I assume, she’ll happily give up if it saves her life.’

‘I need to find her!’ I climbed out of bed.

‘Woah, slow down.’ Ashling took hold of my shoulders. ‘You’re better off without her anyway.’

‘Shut up,’ I pushed him away from me, ‘I need to find her. She could be dead by now for all I know!’

‘Okay!’ Mum snapped my focus to her. ‘If you are going to go after this girl, you must bring her back here and help her – if she wants to be helped that is.’

‘And most importantly,’ Arella added, ‘you need a plan.’

‘Fine, I’ll find her and ask her if she wants our help.’ I said, shaking my head, ‘if she says yes, I’ll bring her right back here. If she says no, I’ll try to change her mind and stay for a few days. If she still says no then I’ll come back here and never see her again.’

‘What if you get caught?’ Ashling questioned me.

‘Ava is worth the risk.’ I answered firmly without hesitation.

‘There’s no talking sense into him, is there?’ Ashling sighed as he gave up trying to change my mind.

‘Nope,’ I smiled at him, relieved that he stopped moaning at me.

‘You’re going to keep fighting us until you find her, aren’t you?’ Mum asked me; took in my expression and said, ‘fine. You can look for her. If she doesn’t want your help then you come home, okay?’

‘Okay,’ I just agreeing so I could find Ava without having the pressure of my family on my shoulders.

They all stood in silence for a moment, trying to think of the first move. Thankfully, Ashling actually listened to me the day before the wedding.

‘Didn’t she give you her number?’ He quizzed me.

I thought for a moment. ‘Yes. Yes, she did. It’s in my jeans’ pocket.’ I got up to look for my jeans.

‘Was it in the black pair?’ Arella asked.

‘Yes, the ones I had on at the party, the night before the wedding.’ I explained as I anxiously searched my room for them.