Chapter 6

When I woke up this morning, Ava wasn’t in my bed. Trying to suppress my panic and urgency, I ran out of the room calling her name. I ran downstairs and found her in the kitchen.

‘Hi,’ Ava smiled, tiredly, ‘I got hungry and didn’t want to wake you. I hope you don’t mind but I opened up the box of Weetabix.’

‘Oh,’ I said, calming down, ‘no, it’s fine.’

‘I need to go home, get changed and find an excuse for today,’ Ava told me as I got myself a glass of orange juice.

‘Wait, so you want to get out?’ I asked, double-checking I wasn’t mistaken.

‘I’m not saying I’ll become a white-soul. I just want to see if I can have a better life;’ she looked at her fingers, ‘I want to see if we could work.’

‘What?’ I said, feeling like she was joking.

‘Well, you are my twin soul after all,’ Ava pointed out, ‘we might as well see if it could work...you and I.’

‘Ok, well...that’s great.’ I was trying to hide my excitement.

‘But, I have to go home first.’ Ava reminded me.

I thought for a moment, ‘I could meet you back at that diner from last night, the Late Night Diner?’

‘Yeah,’ she shrugged, ‘maybe at seven-thirty if I can make it?’

‘I’ll be waiting.’ I smiled at her. She didn’t seem so confident. ‘If you need me, call me and I’ll be there as quick as I can. I promise.’

We finished our breakfasts and I escorted Ava to her motorcycle, watching her drive away. After I could no longer see her, I hit the shower and then cracked on with my planning to get Ava out of the black soul dynasty.

After I sorted out my plans, Taran, Georgia, Ace and Ryvre, who were babysitting Robin, wanted to go out together to the park for a little bit. I needed to prepare them for Ava’s arrival later and I needed a break from all the hard work of planning, so I came along.

We all sat down on the grass with Ryvre, Georgia and Robin sitting on a blanket. Taran, Ace and I played with the football for a little bit; then we sat down for some snacks.

Georgia suddenly curled up into a ball, clawing at her head. Tears were marking her face which made it clear that she was in pain.

‘Georgia,’ Ace said as Ryvre was holding Robin, ‘are you ok? Georgia?’

Taran turned around almost immediately and we all could sense the power and the anger that was radiating off of him. I turned round to see him causing a thick, heavy tree to shake. And I saw just who it was going to crush.

‘No, Taran don’t do it!’ I cried as I saw Ava standing, staring at me in panic.