*~Chapter 1~*

I opened my laptop with millions of notifications.As expected they were all my college application forms rejected. I didn't get it. I had the highest IQ in my district. But apparently that wasn't enough for the top schools of America.
"Mirae! Come and have some breakfast!" My mother yelled from the second floor. I climbed down from my roof ladder, into my room, and to the second floor.
"Looks nice. But seriously? Eggs? Again? This is like all we had the whole week!" I complained. It wasn't like we were broke and that's all we had. We were pretty well off. Not tryna be rude. My father worked for the government
and he always deposited money into my mom's account. Even though that was happening, my mom still insisted she have bakery on the first floor.
"I'm sorry,but I used most of the food to make a new batch of sweets.I'll go shopping today if it really matters." I could smell all of the desserts and my mouth watered. The house always smelled of sugar but today, it smelled like sugar cookies.
As I ate my eggs while drinking my mom's vanilla milkshake, an envelope catched my eye.
It was in some writing I couldn't make out.
My mother caught my eye as well and said, "Oh yea.This came in the mail today," she reached for the envelope and handed it to me, " I think it's from Korea."
I opened the paper and it read:
Hi Mirae Leapani. We are happy to say that we would be extremely excited and over joyed if you could come and join us at Hankuk
University. No pay needed. We are offering you a scholarship of a lifetime.
If you do decide to join us, please contact us at 650-***-****. We have Korean textbooks and online lessons for you ready.
From
BoRa Kim

My jaw went wide open. My first scholarship!! But there was one thing that irked me. It was in South Korea. That was over seas. My mom looked so happy but I knew once she found out she would just plaster a smile.
I kept to my self for days.
I eventually told my mom.She was overjoyed.But I didn't want to leave. "It's the only scholarship you've gotten! You should go! Your brother is coming back from the army soon. Don't worry!"
My eyes got blurry. I started to let tears roll down slowly, making lines on my cheeks.

~*In Mirae's room*~ ~* Two weeks later*~
I packed my bags. I got all my photos and put all my dorm decor and essentials in my mom's baby care bag.
" Well it looks like i'm ready, Mom."
"Alrighty!Lets get you to the airport!!"
My face was a mess.Tears everywhere.My snotty sleeves.As I headed to my plane,I said good-bye to my mom.For the last time in the states.

As I boarded the plane,I bumped into seven humongous men. They gave off a strange era. Covered with surgery masks and long coats, the tallest one apologized.
"Sorry,ma'am."
I quickly said no problem and sat in my seat.Something about them was so similar!They sat next to me,behind me and in front of me.Oh boy. But little did I know that this plane,and these tall
men would start a journey nobody would ever have a chance to go through.

A/N: Hey guys A new chapter of Action will be updated every day or every other two days!