s i x t e e n

"Thank you for tonight, Grayson. It was amazing," I said after we arrived at my door.

"No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it," he said, smiling down at me. My knees still felt weak and I still felt like I was on fire. Maybe it was the sunset, or that breathtaking kiss, but I didn't even feel like I was on Earth right now. I was somewhere in space. "Do you wanna come in for a while, maybe?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," he said. I unlocked my door and walked in. He shut the door behind us. I walked around and turned on the lamps and opened the balcony door. I grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and tossed him one. He unscrewed the lid and plopped down on my bed, taking large drinks of it. I put mine on the nightstand and kicked off my shoes before laying down next to him.

He wrapped his arm around me and sighed. "You're so warm, holy shit."

He set down his bottle and wrapped both arms around me and buried his head into the crook of my neck. I smiled and hugged him back. "You are too."

I could feel his breath fanning against my neck, his lips only centimeters from it. I tried to force thoughts like that out of my mind.

"I think I'm just gonna go to sleep here, that cool?" He asked, his voice muffled.

I laughed. "I still have to wash my face and brush my teeth dude."

"Nah," he said, holding, me tighter. I tried to unwrap his arms, but he wouldn't budge.

"Gray," I whined. I could feel him smiling, and he eventually let me go and replaced me with one of my pillows once I stood up. I grabbed a pair of boy-shorts and an oversized t-shirt from my bag and walked into the bathroom to change and get ready for bed.

Once I walked back out, Gray was still wrapped around the pillow. I laughed. "God you're so cute."

He put the pillow back where it was and sat up, reaching his arms out in my direction. I ran over and jumped into his arms, causing him to fall back on the bed. We were both laughing and flipping around, until we saw the position we ended up in. I was right on top of him, basically straddling him.

I remembered our kiss from tonight, and knew nothing would be able to compare to that, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

I lowered my head and pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back, wrapping his arms around my waist. He sat up and pulled me closer to him, slipping his hands up the back of my shirt and running his hands all over my back.
He parted our lips and started trailing down my jaw and made his way to my neck. I let out a small moan, and his hands made their way to my lower back.

I jumped back before we could go any farther. "N-not yet." I still felt breathless, and hated to stop, but I wasn't ready.

He was out of breath, and nodded. "Okay, agreed."

"Will you just stay here tonight?" I asked randomly. He smiled at me and nodded again. "Of course. I'm just gonna go grab some sweatpants, be right back." He stood up from my bed and ran out the door, closing it behind him. While he was gone, I turned off my lights and pulled back the comforters, sliding my legs underneath them and turning on the T.V.

He came back about 5 minutes later, in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He took his shirt off and layed it on the foot of the bed. He climbed in next to me, instantly taking me in his arms. I set the remote on the other side of me.

We were laying face to face, the only light in the room coming from the TV. The changing colors lit up his face and made his eyes sparkle. After a minute, I moved closer to him and tucked my head under his chin. He held me tightly, running his fingers up and down my shoulder and back. We remained like this for what felt like forever, and I was just on the verge of falling asleep.

"Elle?" I heard him whisper.

"Hm?"

"Does this mean we're, like, boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

Everything was so peaceful, until my heartbeat sped up. I smiled and brought my face back up to meet his. I brought my hand to the back of his head, gently tugging on his hair, still halfway asleep. "Of course."

In my blurry vision, I saw him smile that godly smile of his. He kissed my forehead and tucked his face in closer to his pillow. "Awesome."