s e v e n t e e n

The next morning, when I opened my eyes, sunlight was coming in from my balcony, not missing a single square inch of the room. I yawned, and reached down to pull up my blanket, until I looked down and saw Grayson's strong, tan arm wrapped around me. I could hear him breathing from behind me, and his breath hit my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

I placed my hand over his and intertwined my fingers with his from the back. I could feel him squeeze them lightly, and his breathing got a little bit heavier. He put his forehead on the back of my neck, and tightened his arm around me.

"Good morning," he whispered.

I smiled. "Good morning."

He placed light kisses on the back of my neck all the way to the side of my face. "You have morning breath, get off me."

"Aw baby, you're no fun," he said. He let go of me and yawned, running a hand through his hair. He got up out of bed and yawned, walking into the bathroom. I stood up to and grabbed a bottle of pink lemonade from the mini fridge. I had stocked up on drinks from the last night I was out with him and the other three.

I trudged across the room to the balcony, remembering I had accidentally left the door open and just closed the curtains. The warm, morning air hit my face, and the brightness nearly blinded me. I sat down in one of the chairs and sipped my drink, listening to the noise from the streets below me.

Grayson eventually walked out of the bathroom, and joined me on the balcony. "It's too damn bright," he said, sitting down in the other chair beside mine.

"Not a morning person, I'm assuming."

"Hell no. Can't trust morning people. They're too happy."

"And what makes you think I'm not a morning person?"

"Because you look as pissed off as I probably do right now."

I shrugged and took a large drink of my lemonade. "Fair enough."

"I'm hungry," he whined, tilting his head back against the chair and putting his hand over his eyes.

"God, you really aren't a morning person. Quit your whining and let's go get food." I stood up from the chair and grabbed his hand, pulling him up and dragging him with me.

He followed me back inside, then tugged me back and spun me around to face him. He placed his hands on the sides of my face and leaned down, kissing me. It took me off guard, but I kissed him back, trying not to smile.

We pulled back slowly, and I pressed my forehead against his. "What was that for?" I asked, a smile finally falling across my face as I kissed him slowly, moving down his jaw.

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Because I love you."