Chapter 61

Hyejin's already and finally at the restaurant where they're remarkable for their killer lamb skewers. Typical Jungkook, despite how serious their topic will probably be, he still chose to be in a restaurant where they serve his favorite.

Hyejin inhaled a huge amount of air and exhaled it out in one go to calm her raging heart. But that technique is not helping so she jumped around slightly, it didn't matter if she looked crazy as long as she calm herself down.

She peeked inside the restaurant before she could enter to see if Jungkook is earlier than her. Hyejin narrowed her eyes to see better and she sighed in relief to see that there was no Jungkook to be found yet.

She quickly got a seat for two and waited for Jungkook before she could even order something from their menu except water. It would be rude to eat first without your companion.

I wish he'd come. I don't know what to do if he won't come.

Hyejin prayed and prayed as minutes pass by. Well, Jungkook set up a place for them to meet and he isn't someone to ditch on anyone for no reason, right?

I just have to be patient.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"Why did a traffic coincidentally appeared on this street?" Jungkook asked, groaning in frustration from the back, Seokjin sighing to see a problem laid in their faces.

"Seems like you'll be pretty late for your date." Jin hate to break the bad news but there's no helping it. And it's way too obvious that there's no other way than either walk his way to the restaurant or return home.

Clearly, Jungkook isn't going to choose the later because this is his future. This is about the person he loves. This is about them.

"Hyung, you really can't move an inch?" Jungkook asked, a little impatient already as he look over the cars, trying to look for the cause of the traffic.

"I dunno, Ggeuk. If you stay here and wait for the traffic to disappear, you'll be losing your date." Jin shrugged as he pouted. Jungkook clicked his tongue and quickly wore his hoody before getting out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride, hyung. I'll let you all know what happen when I get home later." Jungkook bid his farewell to Jin who's still stuck in traffic. Apparently, everyone in the dorm knows about his love life. And they are all waiting for it to blossom like some royal love stories that people really love to watch (except Yoongi who doesn't even care about their love lives).

But that just shows how supportive they are for him.

Jungkook then started walking his way to the restaurant, passing through lots and lots of streets. Sometimes even taking shortcuts because he is definitely late.

And after a good ten minute walk and slightly hurting legs, the restaurant finally became visible to Jungkook's eyes. Oh, how much did he thank the heavens for it.

But first, he looked at himself on the transparent yet still reflective glass of the restaurant, fixing his look. He took off his hoodie, revealing his identity and immediately went inside the restaurant.

Jungkook's eyes scanned the whole place for Hyejin. Though he hasn't seen her face for quite a while, he doesn't know what to expect. Is she much more beautiful now? Is she still the angelic Hyejin he knew? Is she still selfish as she is? Will she change for the better once he gives her another chance?