Chapter one

Beep beep beep. Amy turned off the alarm and slipped out of bed. She grabbed her jeans and slipped them on, then grabbed her shirt. Amy walked down the stairs and grabbed a muffin from the kitchen. She pulled on her boots and then headed out to the barn.
" Hey, Sundance. How are you today, boy?" Amy asked. Sundance had just gotten over colic, and he still wasn't perfectly well. " Hi, Amy," said a voice from behind her. " Oh my gosh! Ty! I didn't hear you walk up. You scared me so bad!" Amy almost yelled. " I'm sorry," Ty said. He took her in his arms and kissed her. Amy pulled away and looked into Ty's laughing, green eyes.
" You're not sorry at all!" She said. Ty laughed. Amy shook her head and went into the tack room to get Windy's saddle and bridle. Windy was a sweet, bay mare who had come to Heartland to get over her fear of other horses. She had been rejected from the herd at her current home and now was terrified of other horses. Amy grabbed Windy's saddle and bridle from the tack room and then walked back to Windy's stall. " Hey, girl", Amy cooed, as she slipped into the stall.
**********************
After her ride, Amy untacked Windy, then mucked out a few stalls before heading inside. " Oh, Amy, you're back," said Lou, glancing up from some
paperwork that was spread all over the kitchen table. " A lady named Ms. Henson called. She has a horse named Chomanche and was wondering if she could bring him here so you and Ty could help him get over his fear of horse trailers." Amy stared at Lou for a moment then said, " well, I need to ask  Ty first, he's really busy helping Scott and the  barns are kinda full. Although, Candy, Spirit, and Avalanche are ready to go back to their owners."
" All right, then," said Lou. " I'll call her and tell her." Amy nodded and headed back outside. Her breath formed little clouds as she crunched over the snow to the corral. All of a sudden, there was a loud crash from the barn along with the sound of splintering wood.
" Ty!" Amy screamed, her heart in her throat as she raced in the barn. She reached Twister's stall and saw Ty on the ground, with blood on his neck.
" Oh my god," Amy gasped. Twister was a horse who had been brought to Heartland for training. He was completely unpredictable and lashed out at any moment. They were working on getting him to trust people.
Jack appeared, his face white. " The ambulance is on the way," he informed Amy, his face ashen.

*********************
Dun, dun, dun!!!!!
( my attempt at a cliffhanger!)
I just wanted to let everyone know that this story is taking place in season seven, so Amy is now about 20 ( I don't know if that's her real age in the movie, but oh well) Ty is about 23, Lou is 28, Mallory is 17 and Tim is 49, Jack is 65, and Lisa is 58. I honestly don't know if these are their ages in season 7, but they will be in my story.
Jelly_bean06