Chapter four: Park

What? Where am I? I'd finally woken up from whatever daze I'd been set into. What did they put in me ? It knocked me out in two seconds. When I'd awaken I was in new clothing. I was wearing scrubs it almost looked like. Although there were no metal accents on the pockets, nor where there any elastic or string on anything. Well Park remember that you are in a metal institution. This was all one big safety precaution...they can't have us killing ourselves now can they. 

There wasn't even anything in the room. Nothing but a cot with thin linen sheets laid over it where I was laying. My room didn't even have a window. I'm assuming that was for the people who haven't attempted to kill themselves. I mean I haven't even technically attempted to kill myself...I just cut myself. I don't think that's the same thing but hey! That's my personal opinion. I mean it's not like I tried to jump into a road and kill myself. Okay...I know that I did that, but still, I don't think before then I was considered to be suicidal. 

The room was so pale in color. It was a disgustingly faint green. I didn't like this not one bit. I wanna go home. I sat back onto the flat cot watching the ceiling. I was picturing someone who actually existed who could save me from her, and being here of course. I think they told my mom before I was abruptly knocked out, that whoever puts you in here is the one who lets you out. So I'm pretty much screwed nice to meet you. If anyone is outside the door they probably think I'm more metal. For god sake, I'm sitting here talking to my fucking self, and the wall of course.  How does this shit work anyways? Was someone just supposed to lock me in here for hours? Were they supposed to knock me out every time they had an issue? Was I supposed to sit here and talk to myself?

 When I said that a young woman walked into the door. She was short probably about "4'11". She was covered in natural brown sun spots all over her small symmetrical face. She was pale with long jet black hair that was styled in two dutch braids. She came and sat on the bed next to me. I scooted over a couple of inches to create a significant amount of space between the two of us. I think she began to notice I was uncomfortable because she automatically stood up. While she readjusted herself, I began to play with the very loose fabric on the pants I had on. 

"You must be Park," she said softly. Her voice was very faint. I didn't like it because now I had no possible way to respond but politely. "I am Park," I said respectfully back keeping my concentration on the cement floor. "Well...I am going to be your nurse," she paused for a moment, "you can call me Arron." I kept staring blankly at the floor. "Hi Arron," I replied finally looking off the floor into her violet eyes. I'd never seen eyes like hers. I didn't even think someone could have violet eyes. 

She looked at ease after she'd figured out I wasn't going to put her through too much.

 "I'm only here to help you trust me I'm nothing like the nurses who drug you!" She exclaimed quickly and louder than she'd previously spoken. "I didn't think you would be," I replied chuckling. She began to giggle herself. "Why are you even here you're nothing like any of the others I deal with?" She asked. "My mom sent me here...she found me..." I gulped," she got mad, and grabbed my arms and saw my cuts," I said quietly. My bit of happiness drained itself out. She sighed, "That's no reason to send a child here." I looked up confused. "This hospital is specifically made for people who have attempted suicide," she said calmly. "Well..." I went on, "I kinda tried to jump into the road and get ran over when I found out she was sending me away." 

She looked at me like seriously dude I was trying to help you. "Well that was only you're a reaction," she stopped trying to think of a loophole, "why did you react that way?" I stared at the floor again. I'd felt stupid. "My mom told me minutes before it happened that this was the only way to make me normal..." I trailed off. 

Then plunk, a tear fell to the floor. She then sat back down and placed her arm around my shoulder. Her embrace was safe and loving.

 "Look kid the reason I'm here is not to fix you," she pulled me in close, "I'm here to help you discover what's beyond this problem," she whispered. 

I began to sob quietly and she just held me. Why couldn't she be my mom? Why did people like her not exist in my life? She let go and lifted my chin. "You are normal Park," she said faintly into the echoing walls of the room. 

_____________________________________
To be continued...