𝟶𝟹|𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Chapter One

The Beginning

Alilaleigh

Mid-terms were coming out on Thursday, meaning everyone would be able to see how terribly they were doing in English 201 without a true English professor. Mrs. Green, our professor, is out on maternity leave so we were stuck learning college English from a dumb computer. Many students across the several sections have already complained so maybe they'll bring in a qualified temporary substitute in the meantime.

"Okay, everyone. This is English 201, correct?" The dean, Thomas Carson, asked addressing our class of maybe ten students.

"Yes, sir." Everyone said in a monotone unison.

"Wonderful. So, after many of your fellow peers have brought to my attention that y'all are having trouble learning from computers. I have hired a temporary substitute while Mrs. Green is out. Class this is Mr. Charnas." Behind him stood a taller man with incredibly dark, styled hair. Mr. Charnas was dressed down in dark jeans and a white button up hidden underneath a leather jacket. He couldn't have been more than forty years old.

"Actually, the correct way to word that sentence would be... 'you all are not'." Mr. Charnas corrected as he ever so slowly slid off his leather jacket revealing more of the white button up. After placing the jacket on the back on his chair, he gently rolled the sleeves of his long white sleeve up to his elbows, which revealed a tattoo sleeve on the right arm and a couple on his left. Mr. Carson grumbled as he left the room.

"Oh my god." I breathed. Mr. Charnas came and stood in front of the class looking down at the clipboard in his hand. He glanced up at me then smirked ever so slightly, almost as if he heard me.

"Okay class I'm going to call roll so I can get familiar with you all. Just answer by saying 'Yes, Sir'." He instructed pulling a golden ink-pin from his pants pocket and put on a pair of glasses that he pulled from his shirt pocket, then began reading the names off the list. I could tell when he got to my twin's name, because ours is hard to pronounce. "Alright, let's see here. Addaleigh Knight?"

"Yes, sir." My sister rose her hand. He gave a fake smile before continuing.

"Alilaleigh Knight?"

"Yes, sir." I rose my hand. He scanned the room, before seeing me in the back corner. He smiled and continued down the list.

"Okay, so today I figure it would be a good day for me to get to know all of you. Since this is a college English class, I want all of you to write me a paper on you. I want to know what's important to you; hobbies, favorite things, and whatever else you would like to include. It must meet the minimum required word count of 1,000 and no more than 5,000 words. You have today to work on it." He paused walking around to the backside of his desk. "You will be turning them in first thing when you walk into the classroom tomorrow." He sat down and began looking through the papers that were scattered around on Mrs. Green's messy desk.

I grabbed my writing notebook from my bag and my favorite purple inked pen and began writing, while everyone pulled out their laptops. I preferred writing everything than typing, I feel like it's easier to edit that way.

We had about fifteen minutes of class left, when Mr. Charnas began walking through the isles to check everyone's work progress. Mine was the last one he checked considering I sat in the back corner while everyone sat towards the front. As he approached my desk, I noticed a look of confusion spread across his face. He made a motion with his right hand, asking for my papers. He casually flipped through the pages, occasionally glancing at me. He handed them back and began his short walk back to his desk.

Shortly after the bell rang. "I'll be at my car, Ali!" My sister called to me as she bolted to the door, probably rushing to meet her new boyfriend.

"Miss Knight. Can I speak with you for a moment?" I looked up seeing Mr. Charnas was leaned up against the front of his desk looking straight at me.

"Yes sir." I quickly zipped my bag up, before heading up to the front of the class to meet Mr. Charnas. "Is everything okay sir?"

"You're the youngest in the class, correct? You're a freshman? I see this is mostly upperclassmen." He asked making eye contact with me.

"Yes, sir." He nodded then glanced down at the paper in his hand. It glanced down also seeing it was my midterm grade for this class.

"It seems that you have the lowest grade in this class, Miss Knight." Mr. Charnas said making me look up then back down at my shoes feeling embarrassed.

"Oh um...."

"It's okay. I've discussed it with a few superiors, and I'd like to offer my tutoring services to you. If you'll accept this proposition, your grade will be up in no time, and you'll be able to move up in your standings." My head shot up.

"Really? Nobody has offered to help."

"Yes, of course. We can start tomorrow after school if you can."

"Awesome. That works for me."

"Sounds great." He smiled down at me making me smile. Assuming the conversation was over, I tugged my backpack further up my shoulder and made my way out to find my sister.

Spencer

I watched as Alilaleigh hurriedly left the classroom before returning to my desk. It was almost too easy getting her alone. I'm already ahead of schedule, considering my plan wasn't supposed to begin for another few weeks.

I knew the moment I seen her that she was mine. She stared at me on and off the entire class, I'm surprised she even finished her work. Although, when I skimmed over her paper, her words didn't seem sincere. She was hiding, but not for long. I'll know her, I'll know all of her.

She'll be my little psycho soon enough.