𝟶𝟼|𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Chapter Four

Complications

Spencer

What. The. Fuck.

Who the hell was this blonde kid allowing my Alilaleigh to sit in his filthy lap? I haven't seen this face around campus. Maybe he's older or maybe younger? No, he couldn't be younger. He had to be older. My face hardened as I watched the disgusting scene before me.

"Spence?" Ricky asked nudging me in the side, ripping my death stare awake from the couple. I hummed in response, seeing everyone curiously staring at me. Of course, not Ricky, he knew me better than anyone. "They asked where you moved from."

"Oh, uh." Giving the room a quick once over, I noticed everyone was staring at me. "I moved from Texas." Was it getting hot in here? Fuck. I feel like I'm getting interrogated, and they've only asked one question. This was not me.

"Really what part? I have some family down there." The blonde kid asked.

"San Antonio." They're going to ask. Of course, they are, everyone always does now.

"Mhm. Before or after the murders?" I think his name was Colby, asked. Maybe I should just leave now. No, that'll look even more suspicious.

"After. I was planning on moving anyway, but after everything started, I figured it was time to leave." It's not the whole truth, but it seems like a legit answer. Right? The way he's looking at me makes me believe that it wasn't.

"That's a little weird...Spence." Colby said narrowing his eyes at me. Before I had a chance to defend myself someone was already stepping up.

"Leave him alone Col. Not everyone I know needs to be interrogated." It caught me off guard a little hearing Alilaleigh coming to my defense.

"We should get going, it's getting late." Ricky said standing up, hitting me on the shoulder. I quickly stood and adjusted my jacket. "We'll leave you guys to it."

"You don't have to leave so soon. It's Friday night." Alilaleigh said from where she sat on the blonde kids lap.

"Ricky and I are going out of town tomorrow morning, can't be late." I said moving towards the door with Ricky and Jason, who surprising hasn't said much this evening.

"Really where yah goin'?" Colby asked jumping on my last nerve. I'm assuming Ricky didn't get the hint of me wanting to leave, because he opened his mouth.

"Our band has anniversary show a state over. Manager gets kind of cranky if we're late." This of course earned Ricky a nice elbow to the side, causing him to groan and grab at his side.

"A state over? Are you talking about Blood Fest? Maybe we'll see you there, we all have tickets this year." The blonde kid said speaking up. I wonder if it's too late to back out of this. I could say I got sick. Lost my voice over night? Literally anything at this point.

I wanted to scream, but instead I settled on a very insincere tone, "cool maybe we'll see you there. We really do have to go." I swung open the door and stalked out almost getting pushed past my breaking point. Once we were away from the room and exiting the back door, Jason left heading to his car leaving just Ricky and me. "If you weren't of value to me, I could kill you right now." I said turning towards him.

"Right, right. Sorry about that." He took a step away from me, scratching the back of his neck. "Anyway, I told you she was a good one."

"Whatever. Let's just go home so I can pack and get this shitty trip over with." I stomped off towards my car, hearing him running to catch up to me.

"Come on, I never get to say I told you so. Let me have this."

"I'm not letting you have anything until I have her. I moved halfway across the fucking country going by your stupid words. I don't have her yet, so don't be celebrating so soon." I jerked the keys from my pocket and unlocked the car. "And that blonde kid is going to be an issue that needs to be resolved." I ducked into the driver seat and shut the door. Ricky following.

"Nah, she doesn't like that kid. I'm pretty sure they're only together because Colby had some influence." He said as I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. "Besides I've seen the way she looks at you. You already have her, just gotta break that last wall."

"Those friends of hers, they're going to be a threat here also. She clearly listens to them. Possibly even her family." I groaned a little resting my elbow on the door and leaning my head on my hand as I drove us home.

"You don't have to worry about the mayor. Although she's his daughter, she's rebellious so they don't pay that much attention to her. Doubt they'd even care if she came up missing." I glanced at him, seeing he was on his phone.

"Mayor's kid goes missing and he's going to look for her whether he hates her or not. It's bad on his image if he does nothing."

"So, send a video or pictures of her bloody like those kidnappers do. Make them think she's dead." I rolled my eyes. "Just saying, if you want her that bad, you'll do what you have to to get her. On another note, I just got the email for the festival tomorrow. We're going on at 11pm."

"Great. Let's hope after four years my voice will hold up." I said pulling into the driveway of our shared house. I cut the engine and stepped out.

"Eh, if not there's always lip singing." Ricky said emerging from the car next.

"You're walking a very thin line right now Ricky." I warned unlocking the house and walking inside.

"But like you said, I'm valuable. So, your threats are empty." I can just hear the smirk on his lips as he said this. Shrugging off my jacket, I threw it down on the back of the couch. "You wouldn't even know about your new toy if it wasn't for me. Try not to kill this one, though. Seen how that ended last time."

"I did not kill her. Let's get that straight right now. I told you before and I'll tell you again. That bullet was meant for me, and the dumbass sheriff will get what's coming to him." I dropped down on the couch and grabbed the tv remote. "Now either sit and be quiet or go somewhere else."

"You know I'm joking, right? I know you loved her, I did too." There was a pause. "I'll see you tomorrow." Ricky's footsteps echoed up the stairs until they weren't heard. Stretching myself out on the couch, I picked out a horror movie I've seen a thousand times before and hit play.

Eventually I drifted off to a nightmare filled slumber.