CHAPTER-6

Rose P. O. V

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face. I blinked, closed my eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded me. I woke up, dragging my feet off the bed, and rubbed my knuckles into my eyes. I stretched my arms above my head and yawned.

"Finally, You are awake," A voice behind me said.

"Rayder. Are you ok?" I asked while reaching out for his face.

"Yes... I am okay," He said, his eyes still glued to the ground.

" So, Are you going somewhere?" He said while pointing towards the bags I packed yesterday.

"Oh! Yes, I'm moving in Alex's house," I said and for a second our eyes met.

"I should be leaving now otherwise your boyfriend won't like it," He said while taking his phone from the nightstand.

"He is not my boyfriend, Rayder," I stated.

"It's okay, Rose, you don't have to lie. It's ok if you don't like me," He said.

"I don't like you... " his eyes still glued to the ground and I started taking steps towards him and said," I love you, Rayder,"

At the speed of light, his eyes met mine and at the same speed, they went back.

"You're lying,"

"No, I am not."

"Then... Then who's Alex?"

"He thinks of me like his girlfriend but I don't," I stated.

"I don't get it," He said with a confused face.

"I met him after you left me... "

*Three years ago*

The doorbell snapped me out of my stupor, I jumped like the button was hardwired to my brain and strode off to the door.

"Hey Rayder, " I said after opening the door.

"Rose,... I am going," He said while still looking at the ground.

"Where...?"

"Away from you," He said.

"But why?" I asked him, completely shocked.

"We are shifting to L.A." He stated, now looking me in my eyes.

I couldn't answer anything. I just kept quiet.

"I have to go... take this dreamcatcher. It will remind you of me," he stated.

"Don't... Don't go, please," I said joining my hands together.

"I also don't want to go,"

"Then don't,"

We were both interrupted by a deep female voice," let's go dear," Mrs Cullen, Rayder's mom, said waving towards him while standing next to her car with her husband.

"I have to...bye." He stated with a tear in his eyes, handing me the dreamcatcher.

Slowly tears started escaping my eyes.

"No... I can't live without you... I love you,"

"Don't... "

It's been a year since Rayder left me. Every day felt like a year. That year was like a nightmare for me. Slowly things started getting better.I was having dinner with my family but we were interrupted by the doorbell.

"I will take it," I said while standing up and walking towards the door.

I opened the door to be greeted by a tall, brown hair, tan skin man with two bodyguards each side.

"Yes, how can I help you?" I asked.

He didn't said anything but just kept on staring me, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Who's there?" Dad asked.

"I don't know," I said while looking at him.

Dad reached the door and looked at the man in front of me with a shocked face.

"Go to your room, Rose!" Dad stated.

I did what I was told and went into my room. Shouts were coming from downstairs but I couldn't make myself go downstairs. I covered my ears,trying to block the noises and slowly drifted to sleep.

It's been a week and I was doing my homework in my room.

"Hey Sweety, can you go and buy some groceries?" Mom asked me.

"Sure," I said and took the bag and money from my mom's hand and started walking towards the grocery shop.

It was almost dark outside and I was walking towards my house. Suddenly bright light from my house brought my attention. I looked closely and saw these lights belonged to a ambulance. There police cars were also parked. I started panicking and started walking towards my home.

"What happened, Sir?" I asked one officer.

"Who are you?" he asked me.

"This is my house," I replied.

"We found a dead body in your house."