Chapter 4

When we got to the Whitesides' house, I got all nervous inside. I was practically freaking out and my mom had to turn the radio up to get me to calm down. (Music always calms me down.)

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome. Why are you freaking out so much?" She asked.

"Well ya know when justin was thinking about suicide?"

"Yeah what about it?" She asked.

"Well I tweeted about being upset because my brother was thinking about suicide but I said "#reasonswhyilovejacob he made me smile when I was crying bc my brother was thinkin about commuting suicide! I saw his pic and smiled!" And he saw it and he followed me. And whenever I was upset or just wanted to die, I would just listen to his voice and look through his tweets and I would feel better. That's why I'm freaking out so much!" I said.

"Oh." That was all she said. We got out of the truck, after I checked and made sure I wasn't crying. I wasn't so there wasn't any black makeup running down my face.

We met Becky and her boyfriend (let's pretend his name is bob) at the front door and then we all went inside.

Becky yelled for Jacob to come here so he could meet their guests who were me and my mom. When Jacob came downstairs he said "hey mom, I really like the tweet you told me to look at of the girl you met today. That was funny."

"Haha yeah. Anyway, this is Cheri, me and her were friends in high school and this is.... Where is she?" Becky said.

"I don't know." My mom said.

They didn't know I was behind a wall trying to calm down. I was freaking out again but this time it was because I was thinking what if Jacob hates me? That would ruin my love for him.

My mom came around the corner and found me and said "what are you doing?"

"Hiding behind a wall." I whispered so only my mom could hear.

"I got that but why? And why are you whispering."

"You know I'm socially awkward and shy. And now I'm freaking out." I said in a whisper again.

"Okay give my your phone." I handed her my phone. "What's your passcode?" She said.

"1-1-9-7" I said.

"Okay." She said and then music started playing.

"Mom what are you doing? Don't okay his music in his house when he's right over there. He'll hear it and think I'm some stalker fan!" I said.

"It calms you down and you need to calm down."

I just sat there listening to it and feeling embarrassed at the same time. I calmed down and actually started whispering the lyrics to Stay With Me. I stood up, cause I was sitting on the floor with my back against the wall, and I hugged my mom. I took my phone back and paused the music and we walked from behind the wall to the open space where Jacob was. I was looking at the ground not wanting to see his face cause I was still embarrassed.

"Jacob, this is Cheri's daughter, Kassidy. She will be staying her with you and Sierra, babysitting y'all." Becky said.

Jacob came up to me, made me look up at him and then he hugged me. I was shocked at first but then I hugged back. He had to lean down to hug me since I'm like a fort shorter than him!

Our moms and bob walked into the kitchen to give us some alone time.

When we pulled apart, I started crying and laughing at myself. We walked over to a couch and we sat down and he hugged me again.

Then Jacob spoke, "what is your twitter?" That was the first thing he said me.

I said "@kassidykw18 why?" (My actual twitter)

"I know you, you've DMed me so many times about me and my music calming you down. I just wanna say I love you and thank you for supporting me." Jacob said and hugged me again.

Our moms and Bob came out from the kitchen and saw us hugging on the couch and just awwed at us. We broke the hug, looked at them then back at each other and started laughing.

Then something else happened that was so awesome....

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

So when I was writing this, I cried multiple times. When I wrote about justin and suicide, that was all true. And the tweet with the #reasonswhyilovejacob yeah I actually tweeted that. I tweeted it April 27th and I only remember the date because that was the day Jacob followed me on twitter. Anyway....... To the few people reading this, I really hope y'all are enjoying this. If not, screw off! jk. Maybe.