Plain Fights

I step onto the planes cabin and eye the seats for mine. Finally finding it, rushing over to meet face to face with a burly sweaty man sitting in my seat.

"Um, excuse me but that's my seat."

"Not anymore, beat it." he waves his hand dissmissively. I scoff, ready to put up a fight when an attendant grabs my arm and leads me away.

"He's a troublemaker, don't bother dear, here, sit here." I nod and pout, plopping into my seat.

I can't let this just slide, I have to stand up for myself or no one will ever take me seriously. Even that attendant didn't think I could take him on, everyone always doubts me. This is my chance to prove myself

I stand, stomp over to the sweaty man and tap his shoulder. The gruff faced man turns with a scowl and a pout on his greasy looking lips. I cringe looking at him, though not in fear.

"That, sir was my seat and you need to leave." I put my hands on my hips and the firecest face I can muster despite his nauseating odor. He licks his lips, seeming to enjoy my feigned courage.

"No."

"Um yes, move."

"If you say please, maybe I'll consider it shorty." my hands ball into fists and I just want to yell at him to move.

"Fine. Please."

"Please what shorty?"

"Please..fucking move."

"What did you say to me?" He rises to his feet, towering over me, his sweat dripping down on me like a waterfall.

"I said...move please?" Wiping beads of sweat away from my face, thinking how much less disgusting this would be if it was my sweat being wiped off my forehead.

"Don't play dumb little girl.." What a heavy accent, where is it from?

"I'm a boy..."

"Don't be a smart ass!!"

"But you told me not to be dumb!..."

He smacks me, across the cheek with the full force of his thick heavy hand. The blunt force knocking me to the ground, and maybe even a tooth to fall out.

"Why don't you fucking move now little girl?" He kicks at my limp legs on the floor, while I lay whimpering and rolling about.

Why did no one step up to help or defend me?

What has this world come to? Ignoring the victims and the injured?

Letting others be beat down and bullied?

Being degraded and abused in public while everyone else just watches in silent remorse, or maybe with no guilt whatsoever?

Have we become so heartless?

I'm sure he could've thrown me out of the moving plane and no one would do anything.

Why are we even fighting in a moving plane in the first place.

"Landing flight to Detroit! Get ready to hop off this joy ride, it's been a pleasure!"

"That was your lovely captain speaking folks, we hope you enjoyed this flight, come again!"

The doors open and bodies flood out like a tidal wave, I stand and grab my carry on bag, eyeing the sweaty man at the front.

Even in my dreams I couldn't beat him up, guess I'll wait till next time.

Hopefully I won't fall asleep again