2

"Mags." Dakota whispered softly, opening the door. As Dakota opened the door fully, she realised Mags wasn't changed. Mags was a short, little woman. She had long curly grey hair and dark eyes. Mags had won the 11th Hunger Games and became a real inspiration and family to both Finnick and Dakota. Mags couldn't talk, but she waved as Dakota gave her a hug. She then pointed inside and looked at Dakota with a grin, for she knew about Dakota's feelings for Finnick.

"Yes, he's inside...Don't give me that look Mags," Dakota blushed, lightly pushing Mags' shoulder. She moved to the side and rapped her arm around Mags' shoulder, walking inside and closing the door. As they walked they heard the Capitols Anthem. Finnick turned to the pair of women and smiled.

"Come on, Snow's about to start." Finnick stated. As the girls sat down the music finished and Finnick kissed Mags' temple. Snow started to speak.

"Lady's and Gentlemen, this is the 75th year of the Hunger Games. It was written in the Charter of the games, that every 25 years there would be a Quarter Quill,"

Dakota soddenly tensed, she never thought about the 'Quarter Quill' and never thought the speech Snow was going to give was about the Games. Snow continued to talk.

"To keep fresh for each new generation, the memory of those who died, in the uprising against the Capitol. Each club is distinguished by games of a special significance, and now on this, the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the 3rd Quarter Quill."

As the crowd cheered in the background Finnick, Mags and Dakota shared a look of nervousness...Snow continued again.

"As a reminder that even the strongest, can not overcome the power of the Capitol. On this, the 3rd Quarter Quill Games...the male and female tributes...are to be reaped, from the existing pool of Victors in each District."

Snow finished, and Dakota's face fell. Finnick gasped and turned to Mags, Dakota stood, tears at the point of falling. Her thoughts and worries overpowering the final sentences of Snow's speech. Dakota could here Mags small gasps and Finnick's heavy steps coming towards her. Dakota turned to Finnick, then took a step back. Finnick reached for Dakota but before he could touch her, she turned and ran outside. She didn't care about the smell of the sea, she didn't care about the stares she received from the town, she didn't even care if somebody was following her, she just wanted to run.

*

Dakota stayed by the sandy area that had been a banded for at least 20 years. It was the place her and Finnick first met. She came here every time she became upset, like when Finnick was reaped and the death of her father Cliff Charles. She hadn't been here since her and Finnick had a talk when she returned from the Games 5 years ago. She had been there for a good 2 hours, not wanting to see anybody after what Snow had said. Finnick, Mags, Dakota and another male Victor from 4 may go back into the games. She tilted her head back into her knees, pulling them closer to her chest. As she started to silently cry again, she didn't hear foot-steps coming from behind her.

"Mags is worried about you Dakota." Finnick said quietly due to the silence around the area. He came and sat next to her keeping his eyes on her. Dakota lifted her head and turned to face Finnick, whipping the tears off her eyes.

"I don't think I can do it Finn. I...I...I..." Dakota tried to speak and express how she felt, but she couldn't do it. Finnick moved a little closer and rapped his arm around Dakota, she rested her head on his shoulder letting tears fall from her face.                                                                                                                                         "I don't want to go back in those games..." Dakota whispered.