13

USE MUSIC AT BOLD FONT

Once Peeta was up and Dakota made sure he was totally ok, the group set off again. Katniss had an idea of throwing rocks at the barrier so nobody would run into it again. Due to this, the four moved very slowly as Katniss lead, followed closely by Peeta. Finnick and Dakota took the end and they seemed to like it. Dakota wished it could have been back in her District though. Even though she hated it with a passion, Dakota would rather be there and deal with fish smell for the rest of her life, rather then die in the games. A bounce from the force field placed Dakota back in reality as Katniss asked them all to wait. She headed to a tree, leaving Dakota and the two boys. Dakota then thought of an idea. 

"Peeta, what's 12 like?" The two boys looked at her confused. 

"What?" 

"What's District 12 like?" She repeated. Peeta then looked to Finnick, then back to Dakota. 

"Ah-its-um, it's very dark and dirty cause District 12 is mining, so yeah..." Peeta said. He seemed to be a bit wielded out by Dakotas question, but kept the small talk going. "What about 4?" he questioned. 

"Ask Finnick, I hate 4." Dakota said rolling her eyes. Peeta titled his head. 

"Why?" 

"Many reasons. Like I hate the smell of fish and sea water, there's nothing to do and it rains like every night." Dakota explained. As Peeta nodded his head, absorbing what Dakota said, Katniss came back down the tree. 

"The forcefield, it's a dome. We're at the edge of the arena." Katniss told the group as they looked to her. "I couldn't find an signs of fresh water. You were right Dakota." Katniss looked to Dakota as she spoke. 

"It's going to get dark soon." Finnick said as he sat down. "We'll be safe with our backs protected. We should set up camp. Take turns sleeping. I can take first watch." He instructed. Katniss then shook her head. 

"Not a chance." Finnick then stood, using his trident to push himself up. 

"Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta? That was called 'saving his life'. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would've done it by now." He then finished and pulled his trident out of the ground. He walked off and Katniss looked to Peeta. 

"Why don't you get some rest? I'll take first watch." Katniss told Peeta, but Dakota stood in front of them. 

"No, I'll take the watch with Finnick. Katniss if anyone needs ret its you." Dakota says placing a hand on her shoulder. Katniss nodded before asking, 

"Why is Finnick acting rude?" 

"I really don't know?" Dakota whispered.

*

Nightfell quickly over the arena. Katniss and Peeta were resting while Finnick andDakota took watch. Silence sounded them, making it easy to hear coming predators. 

"Doyou want me to tell you about this?" Finnick asked. Dakota looked to him andsaw he held his left arm up, revelling the gold band. Dakota nodded her head,surprised that Finnick was actually going to tell her why he had the band. Fromwhat Dakota get gather from what Katniss has said, it must have been Haymitch'sand he must have had a plan. Finnick took a deep breath. 

"The day we had oursingle training sessions and I was waiting for you, Haymitch was walking down.He spotted me and came to me. He asked how I was and I said I was fine."Finnick stated. Dakota was slightly intrigued as to why Haymitch would walkdown that particular hall. "He asked about you." Finnick said. Dakota looked atFinnick with hard eyes.