21

Dakota followed Finnick down a small path with green trees and vines. A dark sky full of stars filled the arena, setting the scene to a way Dakota felt slightly warm. Finnick stopped and Dakota stopped, right behind him.

"Dakota?" Finnick whispered. Dakota took a small step closer and reached a hand to rest on Finnick's back. She felt him relax at her fingertips, soaking in her touch. Dakota heard Finnick give out a sigh as she replied.

"Yes..."

"I need to ask something of you..."

"Finn, why do you sound scared?" Dakota asked, a little panicked at her best friends actions. Finnick took another breath, this one heavier and longer than his last.

"I need to do something I'm not going to be proud of but..."

"But what....?" Dakota whispered. Finnick turned and Dakota's hand slipped from his back and his eyes met with hers.

"Do you trust me...?" Finnick whispered again. Dakota could barely her him, but was slightly shocked at his words.

"Of course I do. You're my best friend Finnick. I would be happy to take my life for you, even torture myself if I have to." Dakota felt tears fill her eyes. "Why would you ask something like that?"

"Because I have to cut you..." Finnick pulled his eyes away from Dakota as he spoke. She replied with a look of confusion.

"What?"

"I need to get your tracker out or your going to be taken!" Finnick then started to panic as he raised the tip of his trident.

"Finnick... I will never leave you. Even if I'm 'taken' I will find a way back to you!" Dakota screamed. She then closed her eyes and raised her arm which held her tracker. "Do it." She whispered. A sharp pain than ran though Dakotas arm and a scream followed too...but it wasn't Dakota's scream that worried them. Dakota's eyes shot open to see Finnick's head turned to the forest. He shot back to Dakota.

"I'm sorry, I have to find Katniss." Dakota nodded in understanding.

"Go." Finnick than did the unexpected. Dakota felt soft lips press against her cheek as they heated up.

"I'll be back for you!" Finnick yelled as he started to run towards the sound of the scream. Dakota watched Finnick until he disappear, her cheeks burning madly. Turning she ran back to Peeta and Beetee to make sure everything was going well but Dakota's nerves creeped up. She couldn't help but worry for Finnick, yes, he said he would be back...but would he come in time? As Dakota reached the lightning tree, struggle was heard and Dakota picked up her pass. She came into view of what was going on to see Beetee knocked out and Peeta struggling against a Peace-keeper. Dakota didn't hesitate to help Peeta, rushing to his aid. She prepared herself for a leap to latch onto the Peace-keepers back, but failed as arms rapped around her. Dakota squirmed and tried to free herself when she felt a pain in her neck. Her vision became blurry and voices became muffled except for the screams erupting from her before she felt light and her vision faded to black...

"FINNICK!"

To be Continued

THE SEQUAL IS NOW OUT: Freed

CHECK MY PROFILE IF YOU CANNOT FIND IT