Away

It still hasn't hit me that today was the last day that I'd ever see you, for the few years to come.
But right now, at 00:26 part of me realised that I won't get to touch you, hear your laughter face to face, annoy you, or even just see you smile because of me.
You say that we'll get through it. And I'm hoping with all my heart that we do, because if we get through it, I know that there's nothing stopping us in the future.
But it hurts. I feel like my whole body will fall into darkness if i leave you. But I also know that me going is for the better. A better future for me, more opportunities. I'll always love you. I don't know if we'll make it through but if we don't, you'll forever have a piece of my heart.
Most people may say that it's just a high school thing, and maybe it is, but I feel like this one is different, even though I don't know what different is because you're my first. And last, I hope.
The first few months will be hard, but I promised you that I'd try my best, and you did too. I'm sure that there will come times where we will hit rock bottom, but we'll get through it together.
I just wanted to let you know that you're on my mind every single second of that day. And you have all of me.