Chapter 3

In the morning

Iris's Point Of View

I woke up to Barry's face again but Nora wasn't there. I searched the entire house for her and she was downstairs eating. "You scared mommy. I thought you were missing." "I'm sorry." "Hurry up and finish. Lets go to bed." Nora are the last bite of her apple and we went back to bed. I don't have to be at work until 1 today because we have gotten a few more employees since last week. Barry's phone was ringing. I answered.

In call

"Hey it's Barry's friend iris."
"Where's Barry?"
"Sleeping. Who is this?"
"Cisco Ramon"
"The one Barry's always talking too. Does Barry seem a little off to you? Did the lighting change him?"
"Not that I know of but I would just ask him. He doesn't share a lot with me and Caitlin."
"Caitlin?"
"His... therapist."
"Oh. Why would he not tell his therapist his problems?"
"Who knows. Just tell him to call me when he wakes up. Please."
"Yeah sure."
"Bye."

I put his phone back and talked to Nora. "Mommy, is daddy gonna wake up soon?" "Why dont you wake him?" "Really?" "Yeah!" Nora jumped up and down waking up Barry. He smiled and stretched. "Good morning baby." Barry said. "Good morning daddy!" "Good morning Nora." Wait, he was calling me baby? I looked over at him as he was focused on me, smiling, but talking to Nora.

"Bar, cisco called." I said. "What did he want?" "I'm not sure he didn't tell me." "Umm... okay." Barry walked downstairs with his phone and almost 10 minutes later he came back up. "Where's Nora?" He asked. "Brushing her teeth. But I was wondering, could I meet Cisco and Caitlin some day?" "I mean if you really want to. I can have them all go to jitters at lunch time." "Yeah that would be great. So they know about you being the fake father?" "Yes" "okay so I can bring Nora?" "Yes that's fine"

I got ready for today as well as Barry. I told Nora we were meeting Barry's friends before I went to work. Felicity would be there to pick her up at 12:30.  I put Nora in the back seat and I drove. Barry has already gone to work. When we got to jitters I got out Nora and found us a seat. About 5 minutes later Barry walked in with two people behind them. Nora was on my lap so I couldn't get up without putting her down but I didn't want her to wander off. They walked up to me and said hi. "Hey guys!" I said. "Is this Nora?" Caitlin asked. "Yeah it is. Say hi." I said speaking to Nora. "Hi." Nora said shyly. We talked for a while then my phone went off.

Texts

Felicity: I'm running late. There's a lot of traffic
Me:just go to the house. I'll find a way to get her home

"Felicity's running late. Barry can you take her home." I asked. Barry was focused on the TV news which is talking about a fire going on "I actually have to go to the CCPD to work on a case." Barry said. "I can take her home!" Cisco added. I gave him the address and directions then we all left.

At work we reported about how the flash stopped the fire on the news at jitters.

'The flash' saves the day once again

November 12 2019

By iris west

The flash stopped a wildfire at the national park today at around 1pm! Video cameras around the park shows proof the flash was there and stopped the fire...

I kept writing until my day ended. I went home and opened the door to Nora and cisco playing around. "Where's felicity?" I asked. "No one showed up and I didn't want to leave her here alone." Cisco added. "Thanks Cisco." "Mommy I had a lot of fun with mr Cisco." "Did you now?" "Can he babysit more often?" Nora asked. "That's up to him." "I would love to!" Cisco said.

Cisco left and about an hour later Barry walked in the door. "Barry can we talk?" "Yeah sure." We both walked upstairs. "Why did you let Cisco babysit Nora." "Because he said he didn't mind doing it." "No. You should have called me and I would have talked to felicity. He might have had something important to do today and I ruined it." "Iris he's fine. He enjoyed babysitting her." We both walked downstairs. "Mommy I'm hungry." Nora said. "Cisco didnt feed you?" "He doesn't know how to cook." "Wow. Okay. Lets get you a sandwich." I made her a quick sandwich and gave it to her. She ate it all and we played a game of monopoly.

"Mommy, daddy's cheating!" "No I'm not" Barry said. "Yes you are." Barry lied Nora down and started tickling her. I looked at him and realized how much of a dad he is to Nora.

Joe walked in. "You guys are having family time without me?" Joe asked. "Grandpa joe! I missed you." Barry let go of Nora so she could run up to joe. I got Nora ready for bed and put her in her room. Barry got ready for bed and went to his room then I went to bed.

2:42 am

I woke up being shook. I looked over at the clock and it was almost 3 in the morning. "Mommy, I'm scared." "Why baby? What's wrong?" "I had a dream about a monster. Where's daddy?" "In bed." "Can you go get him?" "No baby, he's sleeping." "Then I'm going to go get him."

I could hear her down the hall but it was very faint. "We missed you! Come lay with us." She walked back in with Barry. "You missed me?" Barry asked teasing me. "What no she did- Nora did." I said "admit it." Barry replied. "I missed you." He got into bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind and I was facing Nora and we all fell asleep.