Chapter 5 - Lottie has a crush on...

Four weeks have passed since I moved back to London. Now I live with my twin sister Evie and her boyfriend's little sister, a.k.a Lottie Tomlinson. Even she's only 16 she's my new best friend. We can talk about everything, or going to bad parties and Louis will never know. Actually I taught her a few bad dirty things, but this is our little secret. My job is pretty good, all I have to do is singing in a nighclub called 'Storm'. Evie works for the famous british magazine 'Sugarscape'. So yes, we live a perfect life! Mom forgot about my existence and so did Jessica. My only problem is writing good songs. And of course Harry. From some unknown reasons I keep asking myself if it's right what I'm doing. I mean, he's a real singer in a real band called One Direction. I'm no one. I feel like living in a fairytale, like I'm dreamin. But the worse is that when I'll woke up frome this dream everything will be over. I don't wanna fall for him and a few days after realize I did the biggest mistake of my life. It's hard to explain. I'm usually a realistic person. What is going to happen when he will meet a gorgeous fan who would die for him? I don't wanna cry in the corner because I fell for a singer. This is stupid! Someday obsessed girls will write stories about me on WordPress or Tumblr. I know I should enjoy my life instead of thinking like this, but seriously now! If you would date Harry Styles won't you think like me? I bet you would.

"What do you think, Rubby?" Lottie asked me. "The black one or the red one? Both?" She was talking about two scarfs. Cute but totally to odd for Lottie. I shook my head.

"Kidding me? Makes you look like you're 20!"

"Perfect!" She said proud of herself.

"Are you dating an married 40 man?" I was shocked and I hoped she's going to say 'noo, yuck'.

"I'm not going to a date. I'm going to the studio where Lou is recording today."

"Do you have a crush on Niall?" Lottie rolled her eyes at me. I can't understand her! Why is she trying to look so good and older if she's just going to see the boys? That's not normal. I bet she's lying.

"No! Stop it, no! I can't tell you." 

"Then you're not going anywhere young lady! Spill or I'm calling Louis now." I know this wasn't fair but maybe it's the only way. Anyway I was just kidding, I won't call Louis.

"Fine! Josh would be there. He's kinda cute." Lottie explained and blushed.

"Who's Josh?"

"God! You're hopeless!" She shouted and left the apartment.

Josh Devine? One Direction's drummer? She must be kidding me! He's the same age as her brother, Louis. I grabed my phone and immediately called Lottie.

"You have a crush on Josh Devine?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think I do. But Rubby, he's really hot and sweet and nice to everyone. Plus I'm 16, not 5!"

"It's still illegal." I tried to convince her, but I failed.

"Oh God, we're not fucking!" Lottie hung up and I tried to understand her. Maybe it's not that bad. She's my best friend now and I should support her.

Now I was home alone staring at a wall and listening 'Safe and Sound' by Taylor Swift. I started to think about my family. Sometimes I think about my mom like she's dead or something. When I was little mom used to tell me 'follow your dreams and I'll support you'. But after dad died everything changed. She started to hate me, saying that I ruined her life. I don't know why. A memory crossed my ravaged mind. Ten years ago I was talking with Evie and mom about my future. Evie said she's going to be a famous writer and I said that I'm going to be a normal person. I didn't knew what to do with my life, I was so confused. I jut wanted to be a normal girl with a normal family. But I guess we can't always get what we want.

I shook my head trying to banish those thoughts because I didn't wanted to cry. I looked around me searching for something funny which deserves my attention. This room is so so boring! I'll log in on Twitter. Yeah, that's it!

Three hours later I went to One Direction's studio to see how are the boys doing. Of course I had to call on of them to help me with the fans. Paul helped me to get in then he simply disappeared.

"Hello guys!" I shouted to catch their attention and I succeed. "Have you missed me?" I asked when they all turned around to face me.

"I definitely did!" Harry replied.

"Where is Lottie?" I asked whilst lookig around.

"Somewhere with Josh and Ellie." Louis replied and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And who is Ellie?" 

"Why are you so damn curious? Ellie Martin is Simon's niece. You can go meet her if you want to." Lou explained and I looked behind him. 

There was a brown haired girl and I must admit she was gorgeous. Her smile was catchy and hypnotic, however Josh didn't looked at her in a different way. Maybe they are close friends and just it.

"Hi, I'm Rubby Ivory. It's nice to meet you." I introduced myself.

"Oh, Hey! Well, I'm Ellise Martin, but everyone calls me Ellie." She said and then smiled like a Barbie doll without being annoying. "The boys talked about you a few minutes ago."

I laughed surprised. I spend the whole time in the studio with Harry and Ellie. She was just as sweet and sassy as I thought. We're going to be really good friends. Also I can tell she has a crush on Niall, they would look so cute together. I would totally support her. Lottie was flirting with Josh and I think he feels the same about her. His eyes are like 'I like you but...' and Lottie's eyes are like 'I like you too'. And who cares about the age? I don't!

When I went back home with Lottie something happened. We stopped at Starbucks for 4 minutes and there a girl came to me. I think she was the same age as Lottie. She looked me deep in the eyes then smiled at me.

"You look cute. And you have no clue how lucky you are. I mean, you're the one who dates Harry Styles. I'm so damn jealous but I can't hate such a nice person as you are. I hope he truly loves you." Before I could say anything she walked away living me speechless. I thought she's going to yell at me to stay away from her future husband or something but she didn't. Suddenly I realized somethig: I should stop lying. I'm not Evie Ivory. The media knew Louis and Harry are dating twins. Why should I keep lying everyone? It's enough.

When I arrived home I tweeted: "Rubby Ivory is the one who dates Harry! It was a funny game but now it's over." After that tweet I shutted down my laptop.

Lottie came to me with a sad face which scared me. "Do you think it's wrong?" She managed to ask, probably talking about Josh. I shook my head.

"No. You can't let anyone tell you who to love, Lottie! If he feels the same, and I think he does, then it's all good! I know it sounds like a cliche but you must follow your heart. You know what I mean?"

Lottie smiled before she nodded. "You're the best!"