Things That Go Bump In The Night

Ashildr wished she could have jolted awake, but she was never asleep. Out of the two women, she needed sleep more, but recently she hadn't been getting much - if any at all. The TARDIS kept creaking and groaning in strange places - although nothing that couldn't be explained away by pipes or pressurisation. Whenever something such as that happened, Ashildr would just curl closer to Clara's cool form, burying her head in the jumper she wore to bed and trying to forget about whatever was going on in the rest of the ship.
But taking a handful of your girlfriend's pajamas and telling yourself that the crashes echoing along the corridors were just your girlfriend's tinkering were in juxtaposition.
One night, it got particularly bad. The entire ship shook with the unexplained bangs and crashes - Ashildr knew that she shouldn't be so scared, she was a bloody immortal, but it got to her. Trusting Clara with her life, she nestled further into the crook of her neck, squeezing her eyes shut. She lifted her chin, grazing her lips against Clara's. She held her closer, not bothered by being woken for not needing sleep in the first place.
"Verythin alright?" she mumbled.
"Sorry, it's stupid," Ashildr said, blowing a breath out of her mouth and patting a hand on Clara's chest.
"If something's bothering you, it's okay," Clara said, finally waking up.
"I just keep hearing... Things. In the TARDIS. Like things moving and falling off surfaces," Ashildr whispered, not opening her eyes for embarrassment. She wriggled closer to Clara.
"Did we say goodbye on that ouija board we did, like, three centuries ago?" Ashildr asked. She knew that placing high prudence in such things resulted in unnecessary fears and a very real possibility of malevolence; but fears are fears.
"Oh, nevermind yourself, my love." Clara ran a finger over Ashildr's cheekbone before gliding it across her cheek. "It's probably just the cats."
"We have cats?"
"Twelve."
Ashildr pressed her lips together. "These are the kinds of things you talk about in a relationship like ours."