|19| Leah Clearwater

Chapter Nineteen: Leah Clearwater

"Leah?" Rea asked from across the small dinner table, picking at her cookie, "I need some things from Port Angeles. Wanna come with?"

    Leah smiled at the idea of being alone with Rea again, although she was a year older that the Uley girl, they had always been close growing up. They hadn't really had any time together since Rea moved back home with the funeral and the... incident.

    Sam had been extra cautious with his little sister since the week from hell. Never had he been more scared in his life. She now had a curfew, Seth had to leave the house by nine in the evening but it was nice for Sam to see Rea smile. She never had a genuine smile before meeting Seth but now it was infectious. Seeing her happy made him happy too.

    "Yeah, sure. Will your brother let us?" Leah said, glaring at Sam when she said 'brother.' They still weren't on good terms and Rea was fully on Leah's side. She detests Sam's actions against her best friend. He could at least let her down easy!

    Sam looked up from his spot on the couch when he heard his name, "Sure, do what you want. Seth's gonna be here at four though. Be home by then."

    "Sammy?" Rea chimed, extending the 'y,' as she grabbed her back from the banister.

    "How much do you want?"

    "Twenty please. And how did you know that I wanted money?"

    He fumbled through his wallet before holding up two ten dollar bills in the air which Rea lunged for the money, giving her brother a cheeky smile before rushing out of the door before he could change his mind about his generous donation, or before he could notice that Rea had also taken his truck keys for Leah to drive.

    The trees flew past the passenger side window as Rea stared out, watching the world go by without a care for the hurt of its entire population. She found the pushy feeling of always moving forward comforting.

    "What's up with you?" Leah asked, sharply turning the corner as the trees slowly began to morph into houses and then skyscrapers, "You never brood out of the window."

    "I was wondering about the tribe. In all of werewolf history, there hasn't been a single female shifter, and now two come along, that isn't normal."

    Leah laughed, parking the car in some back roads that seemed semi-familiar to Rea, "I actually spoke with Sam about that, seeing that he was the only one of us to pass his science class. He thinks we have an XXY chromosome or something like that, with the Y chromosome making us-"

    "Furries!"