22

"Hello Cara"

"Dad why are you here"

"Please don't call me that"

"Sorry. Um where's my mom"

"She's going on a work trip so I have to stay with you" he sighs and I get sad

"Is that really a bad thing"

"It doesn't have to be"

"Well you sighed and said I can't call you dad so I'm guessing you're the one who will make it a bad experience"

"You are very disrespectful"

"Sorry I'm not going to show respect for someone who doesn't care for me. I mean I can't call you dad that's awful"

"I'm an adult you're a child"

"Actually I'm an adult you know I'm 18. Oh wait you wouldn't know."

"What is that supposed to mean"

"I texted you on my birthday to remind you and guess what I never got a response back or a call or a card or anything"

"I changed my number"

"That's not true my mom texts you all the time on that number"

"Well then I must have not gotten it. I'm sorry. And happy birthday"

"Sure."

"Do you want me to get you something for your birthday"

"No all I wanted was a call. One simple call even a text anything. I waited all day for you. For you my dad. I shouldn't have to wait for a text from my dad. You should've been the first one"

"I'm honestly so sorry. Aiden was in the hospital and I couldn't think straight I'm sorry"

"Who's Aiden"

"My uh stepson"

"Oh"

"But seriously I'm sorry about everything. I'm awful. I didn't mean to say don't call me dad when you came in and I'm sorry I called you disrespectful and I'm sorry I seemed mad about staying here with you. And I'm sorry I did that to your mom and you I really am"

"Why are you suddenly sorry"

"I didn't realize how bad I felt till I heard you saying all that and I'm sorry"

"Fine" I sigh

"Can I have a hug"

"Sure" I hug him and sit in a chair next to him

"So would you be against meeting my step kids. You would really like them and I mean they're technically your step siblings"

"It depends. How old are they"

"18 year old twin boys, 16 year old girl, 12 year old girl, 9 year old boy and 1 year old girl"

"Is the 1 year old yours"

"Yes so she'd be your half sister and the others are step"

"Fine I'll meet them but not today I have a project I have to do"

"Okay I'm sorry again"

"It's okay" I hug him and walk over to my room

I look out my window and Jonah is smiling and talking to someone. I'm guessing it's his girlfriend

I sigh and decide to actually start this stupid unfair project