Chapter 13

Solving the Case

The next afternoon,Natsume and Keisuke arrived at the Detective Agency.Akinori greeted them as he got ready to announce their next case.
"We worked everything out with our parents."Natsume spoke.
Akinori grinned,"That's great! Now,we can work on our next case! We have to find out who Junior's real parents are!"
"You're still not over that?"Natsume sighed in disbelief.
Keisuke butted in,"Come on! Wasn't it weird that two random strangers pretended to be Junior's parents?!"
"I guess.......Since we haven't had a case for sometime,we might as well do this one."Natsume regretted her decision,since she thought it would end up being pointless.
"Alright! Way to go!"Akinori patted Natsume on the back.
Keisuke wondered,"Where's Touma and Ayame?"
"They're outside.Orochi came by to show off his new pets......or whatever he calls them."Akinori rolled his eyes.
Natsume added,"We should tell them the case is on."
"Exactly! I'll lead the way!"Akinori proudly marched outside,with Natsume and Keisuke following him.
Meanwhile,Kyubii checked on Fumi at her apartment.He went in without asking first,which was a mistake he wish he didn't make.Especially,since he intruded on Fumi,who was in a bathrobe.
"Kyubii?"Fumi went wide eyed.
"I'm sorry.......this is a bad time."Kyubii blushed nervously.
Fumi sighed,"At least knock first,before you enter."
"Of course."Kyubii bowed down as he apologized.
Fumi raised a brow,"I'm assuming you want something from me?"
"Oh yes......I was wondering......since you and Keita........aren't a thing.......what if I took you out.......on a date?"Kyubii cracked a smile.
Fumi pondered,"Hmm........I'm not ready for that kind of commitment yet.Since you know......"
"Oh......I see........"Kyubii mumbled softly.
"But.......we can go and get some coffee.As friends."Fumi suggested.
Kyubii faked a grin,"Of course,that sounds great! Sorry for bothering you!"
Kyubii left Fumi's apartment in an awkward fashion.Leaving as fast as he could.He clinched his hand onto his chest and was out of breath.
"That wasn't planned........if I can't win Fumi with my charms......I need to learn how to win her over........from someone of her kind......"Kyubii thought for a second and spoke out,".......and that would be......a single parent."
He left the property and took his plan into action.

An hour passed and Orochi was still at the agency,which was a distraction from the case.Akinori didn't want to be rude and kick him out.If he did that,he thought Orochi would literally murder him.So,to his dismay,he had to wait until he left to start the case.He stood there,watching the others fool around at being amazed by Orochi.Akinori was growing impatient.
"Um.......do you have any other friends to show your pets to?"Akinori asked.
Orochi glanced at him,"Not really.They don't seem to care......"
"Aw......that's sad.I care."Ayame said.
Akinori chimed in,"Uh......I care too!"
"That's wonderful Akinori.I like guys who care so much about nature's gifts."Ayame smiled at Akinori.
"Yeah......it's nothing."Akinori blushed in excitement.
Touma came back with a guest.
"Where were you?"Natsume questioned.
Touma spoke,"Kyubii was waiting at the front door and no one would answer."
"What is he doing here?!" Keisuke exclaimed.
Kyubii replied,"I'm here for a mission."
"What mission?"Natsume asked,being concerned.
Kyubii stated,"I want to win Fumi's heart,but.......I can't do it with my charm.I was thinking........do you guys know any single parents that could relate to Fumi,so that I could get advice from them?"
Akinori came up with an idea,"I know! You can help us with our case!"
"Akinori.......no........"Natsume groaned in annoyance.
"Come on,we could be one step ahead.Besides,if we get Kyubii to speak with Jibanyan,it won't seem suspicious.Maybe he'll say something that we need to know."Akinori explained.
"I guess.......how about it Kyubii?"Natsume looked at Kyubii,waiting for an answer.
Kyubii responded,"Oh......that cat with......the......unique child.I could see if he has any good advice,but.......you owe me for this."
"What would that be?"Keisuke said,in a nervous tone.
"Convince Fumi to like me.Please......it's all I want."Kyubii begged.
Natsume frowned,"Fine.Also,take Orochi with you......in case if you need backup."
"Crap.Why him?"Kyubii complained.
Natsume shoved Kyubii,"Just go!"
Kyubii went on his way with Orochi tagging along.The others watched them take their leave.
"Thank god Orochi's gone.I thought he would never leave."Akinori sighed in relief.
Natsume smirked at him,"I knew you wanted him gone."
"No I didn't!"Akinori nagged.
Touma interrupted,"At least we have one thing out of the way.Now......let's see if we can get a word from Jibanyan's parents."
"Aw......I forgot about them! This is gonna suck......"Akinori moaned in regret.
"It was your idea."Keisuke teased.
Ayame lead the way,"Come on! It'll be fun!"
Akinori's face lit up from her response,"Ok! Anything for you!"
The gang went their way to search for Whisper and Fubuki for more answers.