Chapter 4

There was a tense aura in the room. I was deciding wether or not I should actually open up to Abby.

Of course, I wanted to but Maddie was telling me to keep my mouth shut. I didn't deserve a close friend after all.

I had never disobeyed Maddie, and I didn't exactly plan on it. I just never had anyone care about me like Abby did.

Sometimes she almost made me feel like Maddie wasn't even there, and I loved her for that.

I knew Maddie was my only real friend, but sometimes I just wanted her gone. I felt so restricted with her always in my head.

I hated myself.

Suddenly we hear one of the girls in the room going off on someone, saying something along the lines of "GIRL! YOU WANNA FIGHT YOU WANNA FIGHT."

Everyone lined up to watch. You could see the boys from the other room scrambling to the window to watch, ignoring the techs pushing them back.

I already knew how this went. The girls will get booty-juiced and green coats, then everybody will forget about it by tomorrow.

I could already see the kids with PTSD start to freak out as they went at it.

The girl who started yelling was now pushed against a table by the other one. I watched as some techs rushed to break it up, and others came to help the PTSD kids.

That always interested me. Putting a tech in that situation kind of showed what kind of person they were. Caring or aggressive.

One girl was laughing maniacally as the tech threw her across his shoulder.

"Hahahaha... I GOT YOU BITCH."

For some reason that statement made people cheer for her.

I guess from my observations, she was very well liked, so that may have been it.

"I feel so bad for the people with PTSD," Abby told me. She was right; the people that fight in the hospital are so inconsiderate.

Plus, they have to get booty-juiced.

"Hey, it's Thursday right?" I asked, trying to ignore the scene.

"Yeah I think," she responded. That meant we had visitation today- not that anyone was going to visit me. That means I get to take a nap during visitation time.

"I think we have visitation today," I said.

"Oh yeah," she said, "at this point my parents have stopped coming."

"Same." I was glad I wasn't the only one, but it also meant I couldn't take a nap.

During visitation time we had a pity party in our room, taking turns with the blade.

"I have an idea," Abby quietly told me. Without telling me she softly drug the blade across her wrist, leaving a small cut.

She gave the blade to me to do the same, and we mixed our blood together.

"I've never felt close to anyone like I do to you," she told me, "I've always wanted to do that, but I never was close enough with anyone. I feel like I can tell you anything," she said, looking down.

I felt the same about her, minus the last part. I started to feel guilty about not telling her everything. It was like I was lying to her.

Relieving my guilt, I started to tell her.