chapter 10

A/N: How about a little happiness after that roller coaster?

"Babe," Lauren whispered, trying to get her wife's attention. "What if I had the baby instead?"

Camila blinked her eyes a few times to make sure she could see her wife clearly. She studied her face, trying to figure out if this was Lauren's way of trying to make things better or if she actually wanted to do this. The look on Lauren's face was sincere, but Camila still couldn't be too sure. She took a deep breath and let the words come out. "Are you just doing this to solve our problem? Because I don't want you to agree to something that you don't want to do."

Lauren delicately traced circles on Camila's back. "I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I promise this is something that I have thought about and I want to do it. For us."

The words poured out of Lauren with sincerity and Camila was both delighted and confused by her wife's confession. "This is serious, Laur. If you aren't completely sure and ended up changing your mind, I would be heartbroken."

"Camila. I am sure. I've been thinking about this for longer than just the past hour. It's been something that has been on my mind, but I didn't want to bother you with the thoughts since I knew you already had a lot to think about. I know I didn't adjust as quickly as you did to the thought of having another kid, but since then I've really grown attached to the idea."

Camila felt her nerves subside and her body relax as a result. "You don't know how much it means to me for you to say that," she whispered.

"I know it's going to be uncomfortable at times, but I really want to do this. Please let me do this for us," Lauren pleaded, although Camila was already sold on the idea.

"As long as you know what you're getting yourself into, I say let's do it." Camila moved closer so that she could place a kiss on Lauren's lips.

Lauren wrapped her leg around Camila's body to pull her even closer. "I don't think anyone ever knows what they're getting themselves into when they choose to have a baby, but I think I can handle it. Don't you?"

Camila moved so that she could kiss Lauren's neck passionately, making her wife squirm. "Of course I think you can handle it, babe. You're the strongest person I know."

"You keep doing what you're doing and I'm going to be reduced to a puddle," Lauren teased through heavy breathing. Camila knew exactly how to get her worked up. Before long, all of their worries had been forgotten and they were lost in each other. They played their game of steady rhythms, both of them giving and taking in the most intimate way.

Camila's body worked diligently to show her wife how much she loved her. Both of them knew that their need to show each other physical love at this moment was not only a result of their recent conversation. They had communicated this way for years.

Limbs became indistinguishable as the two of them searched for release, not for themselves but for the other. A funny thing happens when you are deeply in love. Your needs are no longer what you need, but what they other person needs. For that very reason, Lauren knew it was meant for her to have this baby.

Camila laid her head on Lauren's chest, both of them sweaty and breathing irregularly as a result of the passion they had just shared. She ran her fingers over Lauren's smooth stomach, all at once realizing that if all went as planned, it would hold their new family member soon.

Lauren regained her strength and sat up a little, watching Camila brush her fingers across her skin. "I really want to do this, Camz," she said.

"I know, babe. This feels right, you having our baby. Today was really hard for me. I felt inadequate and like I'd let you down. But seeing how willing you were to do this for us has made me so happy. I'm serious, Laur. I'm actually happy. I didn't think I would feel happy for a long time, but you changed that."