Don't Tell Me You Kept It Here

***Photo has nothing to do with the story, whatsoever.***

YOUR POV

"What?" Emma snapped, confused.

"What're you waiting for?" Mr. Gold said. "Shoot her."

"Don't, please." Piper exclaimed. "I'm Henry!"

"No!" Piper insisted. "It's Piper, she must've switched out bodies!"

"You expect me to believe that?" Emma snarled.

"Don't listen to her, she's just like her brother," Mr. Gold warned. "It's another one of her mind games."

"No, it's not.." Piper told him and turned back to Emma. "She did it right before Mr. Gold captured me in the box, I swear!"

Piper took a step forward.

"Ah, don't come any closer." Emma warned and she stepped back.

"Shoot her!" Mr. Gold ordered again.

"Maybe she's telling the truth," Emma said, still not lowering the gun. "that's why I can't shake the feeling that something's off about Henry...".

"Maybe that's what she wants you to believe," Mr. Gold warned. "If she steps over this line we're all dead."

Emma ignored him.

"If you really are Henry, prove it." She told her. "Tell me something only Henry would know."

"I-I got trapped in the mines, I tried blowing up the well, I like hot coco with cinnamon!"

Piper enumerated a lot of facts about Henry. Too many to count.

"This proves nothing!" Mr. Gold announced mercilessly.

"He's right, Emma," Mary Margaret agreed. "Henry could have told her all of that when he was in Neverland!"

"Pan and his twin might have facts, but there are moments." Emma tightened her grip around the gun. "He couldn't possibly know all of them."

No one said a word.

"The first time you and I connected," Emma looked back at Piper. "Remember that?"

Piper nodded.

"Not met, but connected."

A small smile crept upon Piper's face as if she was reliving a certain memory. "Yeah."

"When was it?" Emma dug deeper.

"My castle, right after you came to Storybrooke."

"What did you tell me?"

"That I knew why you gave me up."

"Why?"

Pause.

"Because you wanted to give me my best chance."

Emma lowered her gun with a look I can't quite describe on her face. She placed the gun back where she got it.

"Henry..." She whispered.

Emma pulled the teenage girl in for a hug.

"This is Henry." She announced and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

They turned to Mr. Gold.

"Promise you won't do anything once we cross the line?" Emma cautiously asked.

Mr. Gold nodded and the two put one foot after the other, crossing the border and into the town.

Henry walked up to me and pulled me in for a tight hug. I felt so bad for doubting him. But who could blame me? He was in Piper's body for Pete's sake!

Mary Margaret, David, and Belle soon joined in our little hug party.

"I'm sorry I doubted you, Henry.* Mr. Gold apologized to him.

"It's alright, I would've done the same thing." Henry brushed it off as we all pulled away from the hug.

"Come on, let's go." Emma urged everyone back into the truck. "We've got bigger problems to deal with."

"If Henry's here with us, in Piper's body..." David began.

"Then where's Piper?" I finished for him.

"In Henry's body, most likely." Belle replied.

"I meant, where in Storybrooke is she?" I rephrased.

***

On the way back to town, we figured that the most logical place Piper could be was in the Mills Mausoleum.

Emma called up Neal and we all met at my mom's "secret but not so secret hideout".

"So I know that Piper's in my body," I heard Henry say to Mr. Gold. "So if you gotta throw a fireball or something, at least avoid the face."

"I'll do my best." Mr. Gold replied.

A laugh almost escaped my lips, but I kept it in.

Mr. Gold used his magic to open the mausoleum's doors and we found that the casket was moved to the side. Confirming that our assumptions were correct.

Mr. Gold was the first one down the small staircase, then Mary Margaret, then me, and so on.

"Regina...Regina!" Mary Margaret called and ran deeper into the small clearing.

Once I got a closer look, I could see my mom unconscious and sprawled on the floor.

"Mom!" I exclaimed and ran over to her, checking for a pulse.

Her heart was still beating, but very slowly. At least she was alive.

Mr. Gold bent down and waved his hand over her head. My mom's face glowed a slight purplish color and she slowly began to open her eyes.

"What...happened....?" She groaned, sitting up and rubbing her temple.

"Piper happened. She switched bodies with Henry." I explained.

".....and I was stupid enough to fall for it." My mom had a lot of hurt and disappointment in her voice.

"We all did." Emma reassured her.

"I just wanted to believe that he still needed me, so much that I missed all the signs." My mom went on, hating herself.

"Mom...." I said quietly and hugged her tight.

"I still do." A voice spoke from behind Emma and David.

Henry stepped out from behind them and pulled my mom and me in for a hug.

"So where is Piper now?" My mom asked us after we hugged.

"No idea, but she must've taken something from down here." David assumed.

"What would she possibly need from here?" My mom asked, confused.

"Don't tell me you kept it down here." Mr. Gold said with a slight disappointment in his voice as he pointed to one of the shelves that contained a small, empty, wooden box.

"Well....where else would I keep it?" My mom said, sounding like she hated herself again and slight bit of regret in her voice.

I felt multiple chills run down my spine and my palms began to sweat.

I knew exactly what they meant by it.

......

Not the IT clown, ya nasties.

The curse!

The curse.