Chapter 8

3rd person p.o.v

Tony looks at Stephen, who is looking down with his hands together under his chin. They're sitting on the couches again.

"So you're telling me you're suffering from PTSD?" Tony nods, confirming.

"And brain cancer?" Tony nods again.

"And what do you want me to do?" Tony sighs, straightening his back. "You were a neurosurgeon, doctor. Maybe you could help me with this?" He points his head.

Stephen copies him, sitting back in his chair too. "I don't do that anymore. I was a neurosurgeon, not am and what are you expecting from me with these hands? A surgery?" Stephen raises his voice a bit, enough to sound serious. He holds his shaky gloved hands up.

Tony shrugs. "Worth a try." The other man sighs. "Stark, I told you I can't help. It's useless. I'm a Sorcerer Supreme h-"

"It's not useless! I-I know you can do something, try something it's not useless! It's-" Tony starts to pant, breathing heavily. "Oh god.." Stephen watches as Tony puts his face into his palms while trying to catch his breath.

Stephen sighs and stands up. He walks to Tony, taking a seat beside him.

"Take in deep breathes, slowly," Tony lifts his face and closes his eyes, breathing shakily. Stephen continues to watch. "Slower, you're getting at it," the brunette nods, squeezing his knees.

Stephen hesitates, but soon raises his hand and puts it on Tony's back, caressing it slowly. "Slower, Stark. 4 seconds in and 4 seconds out."

It's kinda hard. Tony's hands and his whole body is shaking and trembling. Sweats starting to wet his forehead and getting his hair a bit damp. Stephen feels bad for him.

Soon Tony calms down, Stephen smiling a bit. "There, see? You got it."

Tony smiles too, looking at him. "Thanks to you."

They lock their gaze on each other, studying the reflections of themselves they are seeing right now.

Stephen notices something. Those eyes he's looking at, it's.. No, he doesn't know what's in his mind, It flashes by and vanishes before he can process it.

Tony clears his throat, blushing a bit as he looks away. He can't bear the gaze.

Stephen nods with a sigh, breaking his gaze on him. Screw that flash. This is embarrassing.

"How did you know?" Tony asks. Stephen looks at him, waiting for his next words.

"How did you know ab-" Tony looks at him. He shakes his head. "How did you know how to handle that?

"It doesn't matter. What matters now is you really need a care, Stark." Stephen watches as Tony slowly looks up at him with eyes full of hopes. He wants Stephen to stay.

Stephen takes in a deep breath and lets it out. "From now on, you'll be under my watch Anthony Edward Stark."

Tony can't help but smiles widely. He knew he can count on him. "Thanks wizard." "Wizard?" Stephen jerks back, offended by the name. "I'm a Sorcerer Supreme, excuse you."

Tony shrugs. "Still better than Harry Potter." He chuckles. Stephen smiles and shakes his head, who knows such a genius arrogant billionaire could turn into a dumb, soft, cute dork.

/////////////////////////////////

Tony is on his way home. Driving, humming to the AC-DC songs while tapping the steering. His heart and mind feels light right now, knowing that someone new just got into his life. It's night, a peaceful night, it's just perfect.

///////////////////////////////

Stephen was cleaning up the library. Before he went out earlier, before the whole "Stark needs your help" stuffs, he was studying in the library and he didn't get to tidy up the place. While stacking up books on the table his eyes catch the glimpse of a small note.

He takes it and smiles, it was Tony's number with a "ring me ;)" under it. He must have putted it on him somewhere when they hugged before Tony leave. "You little cute son of a bitch." Stephem chuckles, keeping the note safe.

***************************

A/n

Sorry for the short chap I'm focusing on the bonding uwu endgame is less then a month away. UwU we're all gonna die together❤