Chapter 12

I woke up with a gasp. I felt someone touching my hand and it made me flinch away from the contact. My eyes shot open, and I let out a roar. Aiden fell to his knees on floor and Derek ran into the room.

His eyes flashed as he scanned the room, looking for a threat. I felt a wave of calm wash over me. I knew that wasn't normal and it scared me. "Don't worry Amara. We won't let anything hurt you." Edward said as he moved into my view.

Derek scoffed. "Really? Because you let one of her beta's attack her. Amara had to get stitches because of you." Aiden said. "Boys!" I said in a sharp voice. I looked around at the vampire family and said, "It was lovely to make your acquaintance." 

I looked at Alice and Edward and asked, "I'll see you guys tomorrow at school, right?" Edward and Alice nod and I smile. "Let's go boys. We have some guests to prepare for." I said as I ran towards the door. I heard several gasps as I ran and tried not to smirk.

"Perks of being a wolf!" I yelled over my shoulder. I jumped onto my motorcycle and started it up. I took off towards the house without waiting for Derek or Aiden. Peter was on my mind and I wanted to deal with him.

He attacked me without a reason and that wasn't okay. I also knew that we were having guests soon and I wanted to be ready. I pulled into our house and could hear Peter in the basement. I walked over to the door and undid the latch.

As light spilled into the dark stairway, I could see uneven boards and loose nails. I walked downstairs and let my eyes glow red. I looked around and saw a light switch. I walked over to it and flipped on the lights.

I looked around and saw Peter's broken body on the floor. Derek had tied him down and I smiled slightly as I walked over to him. "Looks like you're the one who's broken and bruised. I was lucky that the damage that you did wasn't life-threatening." I said as I lifted his head.

"Are you going to untie me?" Peter asked. "No. Not till I'm sure you aren't going to attack me again." I said as I got up off the floor. I walked over to the switch and turned the lights off again. "Amara? Don't leave me!" Peter cried from the floor.

I kept walking and didn't turn around. "I'll see you in the morning." I called over my shoulder as I climbed up the stairs. I shut the door to the basement and locked it. Letting out a relieved sigh, I turned towards Derek and Aiden.