Chapter Six ~ Aftermath

WARNING! Long authors note a the end but I beg of you to read it! It's an update or no update situation!!

Emmerson-Rose's POV

"You've got to be kidding!" Layla widened her eyes. "Bailey Roberts? Wow!"

"Yeah, and he kissed her back. It's not like one of those 'she kissed him and he pushed her away' kind of things." I rolled my eyes. Layla has been a friend of mine since I moved from London. No, I don't have a British accent, I sometimes say British slang though. Only because I moved to London when I was five and moved here when I was ten. Ever since then we've been staying put, usually we are going to visit grandparents every chance and my Dad is trying to find a new job. He usually quits his jobs.

"Do I get a moment with my girlfriend at any time today?" Logan swiftly walked in the room. He had his cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"Okay fine, fine, fine. Just don't make a mess all over my bed," Layla poked Logan's nose on the way out of her room.

Yes, I have a boyfriend. Yes he is my friends brother, so what? Layla doesn't agree exactly, but she says our friendship is to strong for 'an idiot boy' to get inbetween us. I agree, even if Logan and I break up one day, Layla will always be my friend.

Logan sat down and touched my hand, "couldn't help but eavesdrop... Sounds like you have troubles? Boy... Troubles?" He wiggled his eyebrows. He knows about Parker, he used to hate the idea of me having a guy best friend, but I'm faithful. And he trusts me.

I playfully slapped his arm, "more like friend troubles," I sighed. He laughed.

"Lets go swimming," he pulled me out to his pool in the backyard. He isn't filthy rich, but his parents own a good company and they have a good sized house.

They don't go to my school. They go to a private school. But they hate it. It's all snobby rich assholes who think they can play cricket all day and get another person to do their homework, then get straight A's and know it all.

Those kinds of people annoy me.

Those kinds of people are Logan's friends.

Speaking of which, Dayton, the worst of the group, called Logan. Thanks, caller ID. "Hey," Logan smiled at me, motioning for me to go to the pool. He won't be back anytime soon, Dayton takes up all my boyfriend time.

I went to go tan. "Layla!" I yelled from the poolside, it took a minute, but she finally poked her head out of her bedroom window.

She gave a nod and ran back into her room to, I'm assuming, get tanning oil and her swim suit.

~

"Okay, everyone, get your partner and go to a flower shop, your grandmas house or wherever you want," my photography teachers sub, Mr. Kindline, ordered as he shuffled around papers to seem busy.

Parker looked at me. I looked away from him. We barely have fights and when we do it's stupid and we just get over it in an hour. We are partners in crime and right now he committed the crime under my nose!

"C'mon, Em. We have to." Parker said in a less-than-happy voice. I rolled my eyes, we just won't speak to eachother during it.

"Fine." I got up and went ahead of him towards the school doors. I stormed out and found a group of kids takes a picture of almost dead flowers. Nice pics., kids.

I walked for about fifteen minutes with Parker close behind. I went to a flower shop, my mom used to work there part time when she was pregnant with me, and also when I was a baby. The owner lets me take pictures for school and in return I take pictures for her advertisements.

"Here for school?" Mabel said as she picked away dead leaves.

"Yep. And I was curious if I could take some out of the building to get better light?" I asked, setting my camera.

"Of course. But be sure to be here to take your fancy pictures this Friday for the magazine. I nodded and picked out some flowers.

Peonies. Tulips. Roses. The simple but beautiful ones. I set them up in different angles and snapped some pictures in different filters. I got about ten on my camera. Parker was off taking his own floral pictures.

I took a daisy and held it up to the sun, my hands and buildings weren't showing. The sun made a glare but I focused the camera on the daisy, which was more towards the left side.

I love these types of pictures. "I got some. Lets head back,"

I can't stand Parker right now. Where those lips have been? It makes me ill.

Long authors note but PLEASE read it!!!!

Can you check out a story called 'The Boyfriend Blog' by Fabulous_Raccoons. It's really good but it only has my read. It's great and I hate seeing books that have like 1 read and are great!

So Fabulous_Raccoons is an account with 2 people running it and writing The Boyfriend Blog. Amelia and Ellie. Ellie wrote chapter 1, then Amelia did chapter 2, and Ellie will probably write chapter 3 and so on.

Again, even if they only have 2 chapters out so far, and lots of updates because two people are writing it! So one can take over if the other is busy! It's genius.

I'll work on Chapter 7 but I WILL NOT publish it until The Boyfriend Blog (again by Fabulous_Raccoons) has 10 reads! It's awesome and... Gah it's great.

On that note, if you want to inbox me for book reviews I'd be more than happy. Just fill this out and inbox me (on Wattpad only)...

Name of your book:

Your (user)name:

Sugarcoated or honest review:

Reason why you want the review:

So inbox me with that^filled out and I'll (reply to say I'm reviewing it) work on a big review update. If it goes well I might make a review book! We'll see...

Lots of love,

~ Ashley