Chapter Four

They say we make our own choices. But right now, all I know is that choices makes me. It's not about the choice we make, it's about how we deal with it.

It's over. I said to myself as the wind passes me. I do care about the people surrounding me, but it felt like they don't care about me caring them.

I'm no perfect daughter. I'm no perfect human. I make mistakes but I don't care about that now. I need time to accept the situation- especially to where I was in.

It has been two weeks already since Hunter didn't bothered me after I went out. I wonder if he saw me crying under the Maple Tree. I wish he didn't.

Physical Education was a blast. Our teacher Mr. Reynolds made us throw balls to the wall, he said it's a good thing to let out our stress. Well he is right. It made me relax a little to all the stress life is throwing at me.

Arriving home is not the same as before though. It was lonely, the house is so peaceful that all I could hear is my heavy breathing due to the throwing of balls Mr. Reynolds had told us to do.

Closing the door on my room felt like I could use some sleep or more sleep. My body is so tired like I didn't sleep for days.

Right. I need water.

I stumbled out of bed and made my way towards the kitchen. Mom isn't here and so is her 'husband-to-be'. They're off to work. I still remember the night she told me she's marrying him. She said that she loved him. Boo hoo, I don't know if she's telling the truth. She can't even love her own daughter.

I pour myself a glass of water and heat the frozen pizza on the fridge. I waited three minutes until it the beeping turned off. I ate in peace, well I did for three minutes just before I was finishing my snacks- or meal. I mean. i don't know if I'll be able to eat dinner after this because I'm full.

Hunter came home after I finished my meal. I was glad that he didn't bothered me like he did in school, so I turned on the television we have in the living room. The vampire Diaries is on, so I focused on it while Hunter was making his way in the kitchen.

I watched his every move as he heat the lasagna they had last night- I didn't ate dinner because I don't and I feel like I can't eat. I'm still processing on accepting this family. This one where I'm the one adjusting.

He ate in silence. No words had we exchange, but I can still feel his gaze on me whenever I stare at the TV or whenever I look at the window.

It gets a little awkward, so I turn off the TV and made my way to the bedroom. Hunter is somewhat studying my every move and I wonder if he study mine also. I don't know but I think he knew my past. Well, everyone knows. It's a small town where everyone knows everyone.

I'm just surprise he knew me because all I knew is that I'm invisible. I keep low standards because high standards in this town is always up for competition. Why do they always do that though?

Its not like we can't live without being known.

I walk to my window pane and stare outside. Just letting the emotions out without crying. It's been two weeks, yet I can't foresee any improvement on this family. Mom can't blame me, even if she'll scold me, yell at me or slap me. She can't just move on and marry someone I don't even know.

I'm too overwhelmed.

But I know Derek Archibald. He's a billionaire, he got many projects coming up for he is an engineer. A bloody billionaire engineer. He got featured in many magazines already.

And as for my mother. She's very talented and a doctor. I always praise her even though she only return it with a cold stare or giving me money. She may think I need it more than her care. But I needed a mother, most.