#23 : Boy Meets Evil

MINAHOPE - BOY MEETS EVIL

*

Hoseok has always been used to staring.

From afar.

At Myoui Mina.

The lady that he can't have.

He smiles as he watches her laugh with her other friends. It disappoints him, really, how he can't tell her that he likes her. He can't tell her that he likes her because he's afraid of getting rejected. He can't understand the concept of acceptance and truth.

Sighing, he turned his back from that scene and decided to go to his next class instead.

*

The next week, he saw her with her boyfriend. They were walking hand in hand and each sway of their hands wound his heart. They looked so happy, and somehow, that broke him. Why can't he be happy? He only knows that she can only be the reason of his happiness, but that's not true. He must be insane if he only thinks of that. Maybe he's too drunk in love with a girl he can't have.

He turned away and started to walk away. He sat on a wooden bench by the quadrangle and focused on his Chemistry book, when a friend of his named Yoongi approached him.

"Why so serious?" He asks and lights up a cigarette, but stopped when Hoseok glared at his act. He smirked, "Sorry," he apologized and put the butt back in his pocket. "What's the matter?"

"I'm..." he trailed. "...unhappy?" He asked, unsure if he really is. "I don't know, to be honest." He closed the book and watched the students go by and mind their own businesses. "You know Mina, right?" Yoongi nodded. "I really like her and I want her."

"She's with the jock, right?" Hoseok hummed. "Well, I know a guy that can help you."

"Who?"

"I'll text you his address."

*

The place that Yoongi sent to his friend is freakishly creepy and dark. As Hoseok makes his way to the door, his knees get wobblier and wobblier. He reached the door with red paint, and so he knocked.

The door opened and a black interior appeared. He was nervous, but still took a step in. He's got a bad feeling about the place and the situation, but he decided to be brave just right now.

A guy in a black hood with an unrecognizable face appeared right before him.

"I see, you have found me?" His voice sent shivers down to the spine of Hoseok. He nodded, still freaked out.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the devil." He was taken aback as soon as he heard those words. He laughed nervously and excused himself. He made out some kind of dumb excuse and led himself to the door, but it won't open. The devil was controlling it. "I heard you want the lady." He stopped from trying to open the door and looked back at the devil. "Let's have a deal. You'll get the lady."

"And what do you want?"

"I'll tell you after you agree."

His eyes shook, but still, "I agree." Said he.

"You shall not tell a soul about this agreement."

"O-Okay."

*

The devil was true to his word. Hoseok did get Mina. They were the happiest couple, but whenever Hoseok stares at Mina's eyes, he wanted to tell the truth, the agreement. He wanted to say that he only got her because of the deal. He sold his soul for Mina, but he can't. The devil can do more powerful things if he woukd break the deal, so he shut his mouth and enjoyed his time with her.

Years had passed and they are still together. This was Hoseok's dream. He pictured this to happen.

It's their wedding day.

Hoseok's dream to lift up Mina's veil finally came to life. They were both smiling, so in love with each other.

*

Season after season and years after years, they started to age. Hoseok got sick and on his death bed, he decided to tell the truth to his wife.

He wanted to confess.

So, he held Mina's hands and a tear from his left eye escaped.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked.

"Honey..." he sniffed. "...I made a deal with a demon and that's how I got you."

Mina scoffed, "Didn't I tell you not to tell a single soul?"

--*

Follow our collab acct: @fybangtwice

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D