Chapter 3: Jeongyeon

It's the awards season again and it's the MBC Plus X Genie Music Awards 2018. Here they are right now, on the red carpet, dressed to the nines. They have prepared for this moment like they always do in every aspects that involve their career as an idol. This is the first time they will perform their comeback single Yes or Yes so it will be a surprise to all those who will attend this awards night.

Jeongyeon was pretty excited for this comeback. It was different from their usual title tracks for it was darker or edgier but still catchy. Not to mention that she had a lot of lines during this comeback song. The choreography was more difficult and she was usually the one who had a harder time in learning the dance steps but she did her best and worked hard for this comeback. She knew that she was neither the best singer nor the best dancer in her group but she worked hard to improve on whatever her shortcomings were.

They were finally ushered to their seats. Then she looked to the right side and saw the Bangtan men occupy their seats. It didn't surprise her anymore that Twice would be sitting close to BTS. They were always close together in terms of seat arrangement during any awards show and they even had at least two or maybe three comebacks that overlapped. She looked again to the side where BTS was and then he finally arrived. 

Park Jimin.

Before she could look away, he noticed her looking at their side. She noticed that his eyes widened when he saw her. She couldn't explain the look on his face. It looked so weird that it made her narrow her eyes before looking away from his direction.

What's with that look on his face? Weirdo.

The award show went on. The different nominations and its winners were announced. Various idol groups did well with their performances that night. She could tell that they really worked hard and prepared to give a good performance. As someone who work in the same industry as her, she felt happy seeing them do well. They all underwent the same challenges and struggles, cried probably the same amount of tears, and sacrificed a lot just to perform on that stage. 

A few moments later, they had to get up from their seats to go backstage and prepare for their presentation. She saw Nayeon and Momo looking disappointed that they had to leave their seats.

"Can't we just go later?" asked Nayeon. "BTS will be performing and it's with Charlie Puth!"

"I would love to see their collaboration," said Momo excitedly.

Jihyo just shook her head. "We are being called there now so we must go. We don't want to cause trouble to our manager."

"Awwww," whined their fake maknae as she and Momo stood up from their seats.

All Twice members followed Jihyo. Jeongyeon felt like peeing so she excused herself to go to the comfort room and told Jihyo that she will join them later. While walking hurriedly on the way to the comfort room, she accidentally bumped into someone.

She almost fell on the floor but the person she bumped to caught her arm to prevent her from falling. She was about to say sorry and thank you for not letting her fall on to the floor but when she looked at the person she bumped to, she was shocked. 

 It was none other than the infamous Park Jimin. She could tell that he was stunned to see her and he had that weird unexplainable look on his face again. The look on his face that he had earlier when he saw her while they were on their respective seats.

She quickly pulled her arm away from him, freeing it from his grasp. "Will you watch where you're going," she said angrily to him.

"The same should be said to you," replied Jimin who was taken aback at the way she reacted towards him. "And you really didn't have to be angry."