Chapter 36 - Maddy

I woke up, immediately inhaling the linger of cologne on my t shirt from last night. Last night...I mean, could things of been more perfect? Smiling absolutely ridiculously, I covered my mouth. Derek kissed me.

It was still rather early, but we had been instructed to be there at around 8:00. It took 20 minutes to get there, and it was 7:15 now. I had a decent amount of time to get my messy bun looking just right, double and triple checking my soccer bag, and getting a bagel with my favorite - strawberry cream cheese. I picked up a to-go cup and filled it with orange juice before heading out the automatic doors to Mom's car. Hannah, in a pair of sweatpants and one of my t shirts, had her head against the window and eyes closed. I climbed in the back, throwing my bag in. Mom started the car, and we headed off.

I put in headphones, trying to find something to pump me up, but kept hovering over Lana Del Rey's "Radio". Love songs were not appropriate right now, I needed My Chemical Romance or Panic! at the Disco, or, or Skrillex for all I cared. But I just couldn't stop thinking about Derek. Anything and everything about him, and I had a terrible infatuation. I finally just forced myself to pick Fall Out Boy's "The Phoenix", trying to get in the zone once more.

I arrived at the field at an extremely average time, analyzing the schedule for myself as Mom walked off to talk with Mrs. Cook. Hannah was still asleep in the car. We played Hoover first, which made me relieved, but then we played a team called Wellington that I haven't heard of, and the infamous Bridesdale. I had heard tons of things about them, not much about Wellington though. It didn't matter, we were playing Hoover first which is a guaranteed win. I could use that as a focusing warm-up.

"You."

I turned around, seeing Aimee smirking. "I saw you get pulled into Derek's room." Her eyebrows wiggled suggestively.

She didn't want to waste one moment embarrassing me, so I've come to realize. I sighed and turned back to the paper, hiding my blushing face. "We get to play Hoover first."

"Madeline Gray!" She turned me around. "I am going to teach you girl talk one way or another!"

Heather lightly touched Aimee's side. "Beating up Maddy again, I see?"

"Oh, you have no idea about her and Derek, Heather. They have to be the cutest pair of awkward, relationship-virgin teenagers I'vs ever seen."

"Aimee, quit it," I whined. "This is weird."

Heather giggled lightly. "I believe it."

Aimee pulled both Heather and I away from the papers. "I'm serious now. I want to know."

"About what?"

"About you guys!"

"Why don't you talk about Mr. Reed for once?"

"Not until you talk about Derek."

"We'll stand in silence, I suppose."

I crossed my arms as Aimee continually stared me down. Her gaze shifted to something behind me. I turned finding Jarod waving at...at Heather? I saw her shyly wave back, then smile at her cleats.

"Shut up. Heather." She looked up, face like an innocent six-year-old's. "You and Jarod. Shut. Up."

She shrugged. "It's not anything really."

Aimee immediately started jumping up and down a crazed fangirl, holding onto Heather's fragile arm. "Heather! Heather Heather Heather!"

She laughed lightly. "Calm yourself, jumping bean."

"Yes! Oh my gosh, I would've never guessed, but it was right in front of me the entire time, I just can't believe..." Aimee went on and on to Heather as I reminisced to last night again. My favorite part had to be pulling him closer by the collar, or him continually speaking French. Or running from that janitor. Well, every part was my favorite I guess.