Dinner Dates

"I can't believe you ordered chicken wings. You're so basic." Hoseok made fun of Namjoon. Jin laughs, but Namjoon just shrugs.
"Their chicken wings are good. Now be quiet, we have to see how the two couples are doing." Namjoon explains, and Jin nods a fast yes, staring at the two other tables.

Let's start with Yoongi and Jimin. They were having a good time together. Nothing in particular was wrong, but nothing was amazing. Just some good conversation, and of course just enjoying being together.
"I've been here a few times, but I never actually looked at the menu." Yoongi says.
"What?" Jimin's in shock. "What do you mean?" Yoongi laughs.
"I usually go here with Namjoon. He'd just ordered for me. I'm not good at making decisions."
"I can choose something for you then if you want? Taehyung and I have been going here ever since we moved to Seoul."
"Where did you live before?" Yoongi asks.

"I was born in Busan, but I moved to Daegu at a young age. That's where I met Taehyung." Jimin reminisces on meeting his best friend. His brother.
"I'm sure you two are close." Yoongi says, and Jimin nods happily.
"We're more than that. We're brothers. Soulmates even. Of course, we're not romantically involved, but we're practically inseparable. He's been there for me, for as long as I can remember."
"That's sweet. Though, I hope there's room for another soulmate in your heart." Yoongi explains. Jimin goes to ask, but he realizes that he doesn't need to. He's with Yoongi and he's having a great time. There was no need to make anything awkward.
"They have good burgers here, if you like those." Jimin says after a small pause in their conversation.
Yoongi nods and says thank you. The two finally order, and it's now back to the silence.
"How long did it take you to learn that piece?" Jimin asks. "I remember it being rather long."
"It took a while. I'm not a piano expert, so I took longer than usual." Yoongi explains.
"Well it paid off. It really did sound amazing Yoongi." Jimin remembers back to the time. The time where the world stopped. Even though it wasn't Jihyun's type of music, Jimin was sure he'd enjoy it too.
    "Thanks. It's nice to hear. Especially when I've worked on it for so long." Yoongi says.
    "So, what about your dad?" Jimin asks. Yoongi shrugs.

    "Nothing much. He lives in Daegu. My hometown actually." Yoongi says, causing Jimin to gasp.
    "Such a small world it is then."

    "Yeah hah. He works in an office, and I go and visit him when I'm free. He's a great dad. He's always supported me and my decisions." Jimin smiles.
    "He sounds like a great person."

    "And he is." Yoongi says.

    "Well. What about your parents?" The older asks Jimin. The boy almost chokes on his water.
     "Aheh. Our relationship isn't the best. Actually I haven't seen them in a while. But it's fine though. As long as I have Taehyung and Jungkook, and well... you."
Yoongi blushes a bit, but he doesn't want to get distracted. He wanted to learn more about Jimin. "Oh I'm sorry. When was the last time you talked to them?"
"Back when I lived in Busan." Jimin says. "I left to Daegu to live with my Aunt."
"Wow. I'm so sorry. It must be hard." Yoongi says, but Jimin shakes his head.
"Don't be. And it really isn't bad. I learned that surrounding myself with people who love me, and actually care for me, is much more of a family I can ask for. Related by blood or not, Taehyung and his family had been with me since the beginning."
"Wow. You two even moved to Seoul together." Yoongi says.
"Yeah. Mostly cause Jungkook and Taehyung wanted to pursue their careers here, and since I had no idea what I wanted to do yet, I just followed them here." Jimin explains.
"Do you have an idea of what you wanna do now?" Jimin shrugs.
"To be honest I'm not sure if I want to ever leave college. I'm doing good with my grades and everything, and then my extracurriculars have been going well. I just don't know what I want to do."
"Well I hope you'll be able to know soon." Yoongi says. Jimin smiles at the older.
"Thanks hyung."

"No problem." Yoongi says.

💕. 💕

Now obviously Jimin's table was going about swimmingly. As for Taehyung's? Not so much.

     It was completely silent. Well of course the restaurant was busy, people eating and chatting amongst each other, but Taehyung and Jungkook's table was completely and utterly silent.
     Jungkook was constantly on his phone, scrolling through Instagram and liking random posts. The night was going on way too long for his liking.
     As for Taehyung, he was just playing with the utensils on the table, the thing he usually does whenever he eats out.
    He decides to bring up some conversation. "How are you Jungkook?" Taehyung asks.
    "Besides the fact that I'm very hungry and my arms are sore from carrying a crap ton of bags from the mall, I'm fine I guess. You?"
    "Fine. I'm sorry I made you carry all of those bags." Taehyung says, scratching the back of his neck.
    "Its Whatever. I did it all the time when we went together before. It's no different now." Jungkook doesn't even look up from his phone.
     "Jungkook. I know why you're upset with me." Taehyung says. Jungkook's head shoots up.
     "Y-you do?" He's a nervous wreck now.

The secret's out I guess. Well. I knew I'd get rejected anyway. Jungkook closes his eyes tightly, waiting for the blow when:

     "It's because I'm hanging out with new friends!" Taehyung yells out, making people around the whisper.

Huh?

     "Don't worry Jungkookie! I'm still your best friend! I'll always be there for you. You're still my second number one!"

     Second of course, because Jimin and Jungkook were tired for first place in his book.

    Jungkook stares at him, wide mouthed. "Y-Yeah. I guess that's why I was..."
    "Jungkook. Please don't worry okay? I mean, I'm flattered you're jealous, but we're all friends now! There's nothing to worry about."
     The boy just nods, and scrolls through his phone again.

    "Great! Now that that's settled, let's move on to our next topic!" Taehyung says happily, but in the next second, his expression changes from a happy, chipper one, to a serious and solemn one.

     "What are we going to do about Jihyun?"

———————
A/N:
The conflict between Taehyung and Jungkook obviously isn't over yet. And Jungkook's still having ill feelings, but they have more pressing matters to attend to, in their opinions.