Ice Cream

"I'm sending you for school," Tony added.

"What? No!" Stiles said.

"You are going to school. I don't care," Tony said.

"But I don't—"

"No buts," Tony warned. "You're going to the same school as Peter anyway."

"Oh," Stiles said. "Fine, I'll go to school."

"What?" Tony asked.

"Peter's a nice guy," Stiles shrugged.

"Okay! Then it's settled," Tony said. "I need you to go get a school bag, your textbooks, and other stuff you need for school."

"Okay," Stiles said. "Uh, when does school start?"

"You're starting next week, I think," Tony said. "So yeah, a week to get yourself ready for school."

Tony stuffed a lot of money into Stiles's hand. "Keep the change, if you want."

"I don't even know what textbooks—"

"I'll help you with that," Peter said from outside.

"Right," Stiles said.

"Hope you guys get along and all that. I have a meeting," Tony said, exiting the room.

Peter came in, waving. "You ready?"

"No? I'm still in my pyjamas," Stiles said.

"Then go get ready," Peter said, hitting Stiles's back.

"Ow," Stiles said.

"Go!" Peter shooed.

"How am I supposed to change with you here?" Stiles asked.

"Go into the toilet or something."

"This is my room," Stiles said.

"I'm your guest," Peter said.

Stiles grumbled and grabbed his clothes and went to the toilet.

They went out.

"So, what kind of bag do you want?" Peter asked, looking at his phone.

"Uh, I don't know, a schoolbag?"

"That's very specific," Peter said sarcastically, looking up from his phone.

"I want a plain maroon bag," Stiles said.

Peter pocketed his phone. "Okay. Let's go walk around to find a plain maroon bag."

After they walked around for 45 minutes, they found an actual store which had the bag Stiles wanted. They bought it and then walked around again.

***

"So, Tony told me you guys had to have a babysitter," Steve said.

"We're not babies," Peter said.

"I don't think you know how to take care of babies, much less us," Stiles said.

"You do know that I'm a super soldier that is older than you by like a hundred years, right?" Steve asked.

"Do you know that we're all smarter than you by like a hundred percent, right?" Stiles said.

"Which will be the reason why you should know to respect your elders," Steve said.

"The last person I saw that was a hundred years older than me was Gerard, and he wasn't all that respectful," Stiles said.

"He's an old man."

"So are you," Stiles said.

Steve sighed. "Just let me do Tony a favour, okay?"

"Okay," Stiles said. "You're just going to babysit us? That's boring."

"What else do you want me to do?" Steve asked.

"Treat us to ice cream?" Peter suggested.

"Okay," Steve said.

They went out for ice cream.

"I don't even know why you guys aren't fat," Stiles commented. "Don't you guys eat ice cream everyday?"

Steve shrugged, and so did Peter.

"You're fit too, you know," Peter said.

"Yeah, because I don't eat ice cream everyday," Stiles said, cringing from the brain freeze he got from his vanilla ice cream.

"You'll understand when you become one of us," Steve said.

"Yeah, and when is that?" Stiles asked.

"We can wait for something supernatural to happen to you," Peter said.

"Seriously? The only thing supernatural in my life right now is my Spark," Stiles said.

"What's that?" Peter asked.

"This," Stiles said, and created a Defence Dome. On will this time. "Try walking to me."

Peter almost fell down. "Woah."

"And this," Stiles said, teleporting behind Peter and tickling his sides.

Peter pushed him away. "That's so cool!"

"Yeah, I know right?" Stiles said. "But I'm usually the guy that handles the behind the scenes of a superhero fight. Like, I create the plans and everything."

"Oh," Peter said.

Stiles walked towards the swing and sat on it. "I feel like I'm usually the most disposable most of the time."

"You're not," Peter said.

"You have no idea," Stiles said. "In Beacon Hills, all I'm used for is bait. And sometimes, a thing so people would grieve for me."

"At least people care for you."

"How reassuring," Stiles said.