[ TWENTY- SIX ]

"HOW DARE YOU KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER! LEAVE HER YOU PINK PANTHER!?" I could still hear the faint yelling and cursing.

"It's not kidnap if she is willingly running with me!" I shouted back none the less.

"Nandini, Run faster. They are behind us."

"Awe my babies. I'm so proud of you!" I heard another footsteps behind us.

"Cabir? What are you doing?"

"Jaha jaha Manan waha waha Cabir."

"Manan...manan kon?" Nandini asked panting.

"Manik ka Ma aur Nandini ka Nan. Manan." He smiled like a giddy teenager.

"So...where exactly are we running to?" Cabir asked after falling in step with us.

I looked back to find no one behind us. I gradually slowed my speed and the grip on nandini's hand loosened.

She wrapped her hands around my waist and whispered, "I am scared."

"Nandu, cabir bhi toh haina yaha. Why are you so worried?

"I don't like troubling daddy." She pouted. I hated seeing her sad.

"And what about the time when he is troubling you both?" Cabir spoke in my defence.

"He will have to accept us." I said with determination my grip on her tightening in a fear of loosing her forever.

"Manik, yaha ek Mandir hai." Cabir said pointing at something behind me.

"Nandini, do you want to do this?"

"I am not scared when I'm with you, Manik. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." She said and I gently kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

"I know." She whispered against my chest.

All three of us made our way towards the temple.

"Manik, main mantar padhu? Main havan bhi jala sakta hu." Cabir said, his eyes twinkling.

"No thanks. You have the capability to light this whole temple on fire. I am not ready to die. Koi pandit ko dundna padega." I replied nonchalantly.

"Aww common. I'll be the most sexiest Pandit ever alive."

"Shut up!" Nandini smacked him and suddenly the light when off. The moon shone bright but everything was not clear.

"Nandini, yaha itna andhera kyun hai?" Suddenly I was afraid.

I heard the rustling of the leaves and footsteps that made my heatbeat race.

"Nandini tum kaha ho.." I whispered.

"Cabir.."

"Bhoot...." I heard a spooky voice.

"Nandini, please this is not funny anymore. Main tumhara hone wala pati hu. Aisa hi chalta raha toh I want a divorce." My voice was shaking.

"Boo!" I felt a hand on my shoulder and I screamed.

"AAAHHHHH! BHOOT BHOOT BHOOT AREYYY KOI BACHAO. NANDINI. CABIRRR...FBI KO BULAO. I WANT SECURITY. HEY BHAGWAN MERI RAKSHA KARNA. MUJHE NAHI MARNA. MAIN MARR GAYA TOH NANDINI KA KYA HOGA. I'M TOO HOT TO DIE! BACHOOOO...POLICE!"

"Hahah.." The lights were turned on again and I stopped screaming like a girl in American horror movies when I saw nandini and cabir laughing.

Okay I was worst that those little girls.

"This is not funny." I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Yes. It is." And they burst out laughing again.

"Manik, vaha." Nandini nudged my arm and pointed at a priest who was making his way towards us.

"Pandit ji, namaste." Cabir stood besides the old man.

"Namaste. Batao main tumhare liye kya kar sakta hu bacho."

"Ek baat batao, kya harr pandit ka mooch aur bhuddha hona jarrori hai?"

"Kya?" He looked at cabir, baffled.

"Nahi matlab agar mujhe bhi pandit bana ho toh mujhe kya karna hoga?"

"Am I eligible?" He posed in front of him and pouted like a diva.

The poor man looked like he was going to faint.

"Ram. Ram. Ram." He said holding his ears.

"Shut up cabir! Pandit ji yeh thoda sa pagal hai. Isse chodo." He breathed in relief and stood besides me.

"Humhe shadi karni hai..."
.
.
.
.

"Main humesha tumhare sath pizza share karungi." Nandini smiled.

"Main humesha tumhara dyan rakhunga."

"Main tumhe humesha protect karungi."

"Main tumhe kabhi nahi rulaunga."

"Main tumhe thoda kam tang karungi." She smiled sheepishly and cabir laughed.

"Aw you guys. This is so cute!" He wiped his tears.

"Main kabhi tumhara trust nahi thodunga."

"Main tumhe humesha aise hi pyaar karunga." I held her hands and looked straight in her eyes.

I filled her hairline and tied the chain around her neck that bounded us together in a relationship of trust, promise and love.

"Pandit ji, last line main bolunga. Please please please." Cabir jumped around in excitement and the pandit shook his head.

"Yeh vivha sampan hua.! Gosh always wanted to say that! Congratulations you guys!"

I hugged nandini and sighed in relief.

"Finally."

"I am not going to let this happen. Yeh shadi nahi ho sakti!" Her dad came running towards us, panting.

"Shadi toh hogayi, sasur ji." I smirked.

He wide eyes looked at me then nandini followed by her neck and hairline.

This is so much fun.

***

Phew! Finally wrapping up this story.

I hope u enjoyed this stry!

#phirmiltehai.

A Twisted Tale [HUMOR]✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें