To Be Or Not To Be?

Alpha Shane POV
I was nearly going crazy with all the work and paperwork, but what got me was my mate. The memory of her running from me played over and over, I had no idea why she ran but it hurt. I sat in my office as the paperwork sat on my desk, I scanned some of the papers before I rubbed my eyes. I leaned back against my chair as I closed my eyes, her eyes flashed in my mind. Those beautiful blue eyes fill of shock and sadness. I couldn't understand why she ran or why when she realized she looked so upset, I needed to find her. In two days the Lunar Moon festival with be in full swing, and during the festival those who can shift are required too, it's a time where many of the people who haven't found mates find them.
I sighed as I looked back at the papers, I growled softly as I stood and moved away from the desk. I needed a break...

                  Catalina's POV
I paced my room after I finished my homework, the thought of him haunted me. I needed to figure this out before the festival, do I wanna open my heart up again? Will I be willing to risk being heartbroken again?
I paced back and forth until I stopped and looked out my window, I made up my mind. Whatever happens will happen, I sat on my bed and smiled softly as a quote from Shakespeare "to be or not to be".

              "Catalina dinner!" Aunt Mandy yelled up the stairs. I smiled softly as I got up and headed down to the dinning room.

I moved and took my sit at the table before aunt Mandy began passing the food. I smiled as I looked around the table, everyone was smiling and chatting. This is what I family is supposed to be like, I smiled as they passed the food to me. I filled my plate before passing it, they all slowly began to eat. After dinner we all sat in the Living room and talked about our days. They talked about the festival and how much it meant to many of the unmated males and females. It's a celebration of those who found or find their mates. My heart rate increased as I smiled looking at the ground, so there's a huge chance that he'll be there....

            "What are you thinking over there Catalina, you have a shit-eating grin on your face?" Jenna smiled as she looked at me, "is it about the boy from earlier?"

Everyone looked at me as I looked at her, I hadn't answered her earlier so she took my silence as a yes. I shook my head as I sat there red faced.

             "It has nothing to do with anyone at school." I said as I looked at her, she stuck her tongue out as aunt Mandy laughed. "Auntie can I have a word with you in private?"

Aunt Mandy nodded as she stood slowly and they went into the study. She sat down on the couch and I sat next to her, she looked at me with a worried looked.

             "I've decided to open up and met my second chance mate again, I'm nervous not to mention afraid. I don't know if he'll take one look at me and do what Mason did..." I said as I looked down at my hands, "but that's not what I asked you here for, I was wondering if.. Well do you know of anyone in the pack who's wolf is completely black?"

She looked at me as she thought about it, she frowned as she shook her head, "I sorry I don't, I haven't seen many wolves beside my husband and kids."

I nodded completely understanding, it was hard these days only certain people or certain time can one see others wolf form. I sighed as I leaned back on the couch cushions, I guess I'd just have to wait and see if he comes to the festival. Two days couldn't go by fast enough, now that I made up my mind to see him again.

"It's fine I was just wondering I guess," I smiled as she clapped her hand on my trying to cheer me up. "If it's meant to be it'll be..."

My aunt smiled as she nodded before she stood and headed back to the living room where everyone else was. I stayed in the study for a while, it had been a long, hectic past couple days but the one thing that made these days better was knowing I had family I could count on. I had a second chance, I hope I could count on him too. I sighed as I got up heading back to my room unsure if he would be at the festival of not, he was a part of this pack so there was a giant chance. I changed laying on my bed, closing my eyes I could picture him. His black coat shimmered in the light as his icy blue eyes looked into my eyes. I could hear his howl and it nearly made my heart stop, it was sadder than I remember.