Promise: Park Seoryung // Nishimura Sayaka

Name: Park Seoryung // Nishimura Sayaka

Age: 24

Date of birth: December 24th, 1995

Height: 154cm

Weight: 49 kg

Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea

Hometown: Seoul, South Korea

Nationality: Korean

Ethnicity: Korean - Japanese

Personality: Seoryung is the complete opposite of Seoyeon; she's loud, over the top, and clingy. Like Seoyeon, she does know that her money can take her a long way but chooses not to use it. Don't get her wrong, she's not afraid to spend it but she doesn't like people knowing who her father is. She is a very warm person, always first to initiate a conversation and takes care of everyone around, not really caring if she gets along with them or not. Unlike her sister, she hides her spoiled tendencies well, pushing her hardworking attitude to the forefront as much as possible.

Background: Seoryung was born in Seoul, South Korea to a Korean father and Japanese mother. The Park family resided in Gangnam, only fraternizing with those of their shared social status. Seoryung and her sisters were spoiled beyond belief, easily getting anything they wanted or desired. She did everything she could to not follow in her parents footsteps, trying her best to spend as little time around them. She even went as far as moving out of the house when she turned 14. Even though she lived in the same building in an apartment they paid for, having a space of her own helped keep her sane for a while. It wasn't long before her mother started using Seoryung's extra rooms as closets. She needed to get away from her parents completely and the first way she thought of was joining a label; it wasn't the first time she had looked into auditioning for a company but every time she tried to bring it up, Joonmyun was quick to interfere, saying that he would make calls to make sure she got into any company that she wanted.

Seoryung didn't want their help. If she got into a company, she wanted to be able to say that she did it alone. Which is why she auditioned for Pledis when she was 15 without her parents' knowledge. She moved out without saying a word, Seoyeon taking over her apartment.

Aside from the lack of resources that the company had to aid the trainees' living arrangements, Seoryung's time with Pledis wasn't too bad. The temptation to call her parents and have them make an anonymous donation to the label was constant, knowing that it would aid her and the other trainees but she didn't want to risk anyone finding out who they were and treat her differently; as far as everyone knew, she didn't know who her parents were.

In 2016, she had the chance to participate on Produce 101 under Pledis, placing in B class after the 1st evaluation. While on the show, everything was going as planned; she was doing well with the mentors and was climbing in ranks, with her lowest rank being 30th. What she could have never expected was for her father to speak about her appearance on the show. Even though it was a passing comment, she never expected anyone to take him seriously. After mentioning her, she noticed the cameramen started paying her more attention but netizen comments about her had gotten overly harsh, many accusing her of using her status to make her rank rise to where it was. Over the show, she had risen from 30th to 11th and Seoryung could understand their distrust of the authenticity of her climb in rank. When she didn't make it into IOI, she was a little relieved; she was sad that she couldn't debut but she was happy to be out of the spotlight for a while.