Chapter 3

A/N: Surprise appearances in this chapter. If you wanna know just what Dante means about Jaleb, then read my previous story "Saved"! Okay, shamelessplugover. *In soap opera announcer voice* We now return to "Give Me Love".

*****************************

Dante

"Alex?!" I shouted as I opened the door to his dressing room. No luck. I ran through the chapel, opening various doors to try finding him. As I closed the door to the priest's office, I bumped into two old friends that had come down for the wedding.

"Did you find him?" Jason asked me.

I shook my head vigorously, gulping. I was getting a bit worried. I mean, the chapel was small. There were not much places to go and hide, right?

Caleb came bounding around the corner, coming to a stop behind Jason. "No luck in the bell tower, choir room or the balcony."

Alex and I had met Jason and Caleb at North Western. I had always been in awe of them because they were still together. They made it through high school and college as a couple. From the stories they told us, it was tough. Their friend Declan died the same day he broke up with Jason. Jason had moved away, only to come back when his mom got a promotion in the same place he grew up. He and Caleb rekindled their friendship and began their romance in their senior year. Jason said that Caleb saved him from himself. The college years had been trying but they were still happily together, almost six years after.

Jason rubbed my arm, trying to comfort me. "Don't worry, Lex," he said. "Well find him." I smiled back at him, thoughts running through my head as to where Alex could be.

A thought struck me. "Has anyone checked the reception hall?" I asked, looking from Caleb to Jason, their faces becoming expectant as the idea registered with them as well. We each turned around and ran out the chapel and across the street to the hall. A pang hit me as I opened the large double doors and saw the beautifully decorated hall. The arches, the tables, the flowered center pieces...it was all very beautiful. My eyes scanned the room and my eyes fell on Alex at one of the tables closest to the stage. He sat there, his tie loosened, sleeves rolled up and his jacket hung over the back of the chair.

"Go," Caleb told me. "We'll wait outside." Jason squeezed my arm as he and Caleb left. I waited till I heard the doors shut behind me to walk up to Alex.

"Looks amazing, doesn't it?" he said, picking petals off one of the stephanotis flowers in the centerpieces.

"Alex..." I said as I got to him. I stood there. "Look at me." He refused to even shift his eyes, picking at the petals of another flower instead. I let him finish. "Alex." I sat down in the seat next to him.

He plucked another petal. "She loves me," he said and plucked another. "She loves me not." He scoffed and my heart broke even more for my best friend. God, I could just slap that bitch Jenna over and over again. The saddest part was that I wasn't very surprised. Jenna was territorial. My presence and Alex's refusal to let me go was threatening to her. She couldn't bear the thought of not being the only important person in his life and it killed her slowly inside. But Alex was good on paper so she couldn't just let him go. So rather than save him further heartbreak and thousands of dollars, she strung him along and kept her side fling so that she could have the best of both worlds. If I thought I didn't like her before, her fate was sealed now.

Alex

D took my hands in his, stopping the petal plucking. I sighed and looked up at him, sadly. "I'm not even mad that the wedding is off, you know." I said. "I'm more upset about the fact that she was cheating on me for God knows how long." And that was when it hit me; the final blow. I felt as though something straight out of The Walking Dead stuck its hand in my chest and ripped my heart straight from the aorta and arteries and just devoured it, shredding it to pieces. "Oh God, I don't even know how long she was with him for."