Finale p.4 (A/R)

My motorcycle flies down the roads back to my house, where I park it in the lower garage, wich I didn't know existed until a year ago.

I think X knows my identity. So Romelle can't date Allura, and Araneae.. closed that possibility. It's funny that only a few weeks ago I was scared of falling for two people. But I am two people. That doesn't scare me anymore.

Because I can't fall for Allura now. But I can still technically fall for Starbright. Who is... all kinds of amazing. She visited almost every day I was in the hospital. And... I've been hesitant to feel anything for her, but now that Allura is off the table for all of me...

I feel like this is wrong, but oh god, how can I help falling for her? Even when I still would've gone for Allura... she has a place in my mind.

My phone begins buzzing, ripping me from my train of thought. I pick it up. Allura. I slowly slide the phone across the screen and put it up to my ear. "Hey Llura. What's up?" I ask, faking grogginess.

I can hear crying on the other line. "Ellie, I need you to give me a ride."

"I-" I... don't want to. But she's still my best friend. I have to. I should want to. "What's the address?"

"I'm at Les Pétales."

"Are you- okay? Why are you there?"

"Ellie. Just come, please."

"Ok, I'm coming."

The phone clicks on the other side. I tap the center of my chest, quickly changing into pajamas, and applying an anti inflammation crime around my eyes so it looks like I wasn't crying. Also I remove the traces of her red lipstick.

Then I hurry to the restaurant I left her at almost an hour ago. My bug is slower then the motorcycle Araneae rides, but I still make it there in about 30 minutes. When I pull up to the curb I see her sitting on the steps of the restaurant, with her head rested against her knees. She looks right through me as I pull up, so I climb out of the car. I walk over to her, my Keds making a faint sound against the pavement.

"Llura?" She jumps slightly.

"Oh, hey Ellie."

I slide down next to her. "I'm assuming you don't want to go home?"

She nods, looking up into my eyes. "We shouldn't just sit here."

"Right... you wanna head right to my house, or talk about it here." I stand up gently, offering her my hand.

"Can we just.. talk?"

"Of course."

Her hand slides into mine, her red acrylics sending shivers down my spine. I pull her up, and she stands so close. I pull away slightly, playing it off as me leading her towards my back seat.she climbs in and I go to the other side, pulling a large blanket and a travel mug of hot coco out of the front seat.

I hand them to her, and quickly she is nestled between my legs over the whole row of seats with the blanket over both of us and the coco pressed to her lips.

"So... do you want to talk about it?"

She moves her body slightly, pressing more into me. This is... possibly the worst possible situation for me to be in right now."Araneae showed up at my house. We.. went to dinner. Here, I mean. It was... perfect. I never wanted it to end, but of course it had to. We... I.. kissed her. X, you know X, got a picture of it. He said he was going to kill me, and she.. left. She said we could never be together. Oh Ellie, the kiss was so perfect, why won't she love me?"