pt seven

ᵗʰⁱʳᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒ

Rosé descended the stairs and immediately spotted her parent-in-law seated on the couch, holding a cup of coffee. Rosé muttered to herself, expressing surprise that Jungkook had a maid. She didn't know.

"How shocking!" Mrs. Jeon expresses her longing for Rosie as she watches her walk downstairs. 

Rosé simply smiled at her as she adored her parents-in-law, who always stood by her side whenever she made mistakes.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, I miss you too, it's been a while," Rose said awkwardly to them.

"Please don't refer to us as that, dear. We are your parents-in-law, so you can call us mom and dad," Mr. Jeon said, motioning for the girl to join them.

"Apologies, sure, Mr.- I mean dad," answered Rosé and took a seat on the couch facing them.

"Did you enjoy being married? Is everything going well?" Mrs. Jeon asked, causing the girl to feel uneasy.

Just as Rosé was about to fake her answer, Jungkook appeared downstairs and promptly answered for her. "Rosé always takes care of me, cooks for me, loves me, and more, right my Rosie?" Jungkook sat closely beside Rosé on the couch, causing her eyes to widen.

She felt like she wanted to vomit after hearing the insincere compliments from the tall man.

"y-yeah" stammered rosé as jungkook cautioned her with widened eyes. Rosé gave him a questioning look. The man appears as though he is about to be caught soon.

Jungkook and Rosé flinched upon hearing Mrs. Jeon mentioning having a baby.

Mr. Jeon interrupted and said, "Yes, Mom is correct. We also want a grandchild," as he chuckled.

"Mom, Rosé is too young to become a mother, she's only 23," complained Jungkook to his own mother in front of him.

"Is it wrong to have a child at that age? So when?" Mr. Jeon replied, attempting to persuade them.

"i suppose it's coming up soon," rosé confidently mentioned, causing the man next to her to playfully pinch her thigh. rosé let out a small groan

"Rosie, what's the matter?" Mrs. Jeon asked, looking concerned at Rosé, who sighed for no apparent reason known to anyone except Jungkook.

"oh ! nothing, I just accidentally bit my tongue, ha-ha-ha" Rosé fibbed to her parents, scratching the back of her head. Jungkook simply laughed and whispered to himself 'that's serves you right, Rosie.'

Mr. Jeon informed the married couple that they will be having dinner outside today. The news caused Jungkook and Rosé to widen their eyes and just glance at each other.

It is clear that Rosé and Jungkook have never gone out together as Jungkook has not been fond of her since their wedding day, yet they now must dine out with Jungkook's parents. Rosé forced a smile to his parents, but internally questioned why she would be seen in public with such a fool.

Without hesitating or blinking, Jungkook confidently answered, "Sure, no problem."

They each made their way to their respective rooms to prepare for the dinner. Rosé swiftly went upstairs to their room, with Jungkook following closely behind her. Rosé is indecisive about her outfit, pondering her choices until she realizes Jungkook has entered the room and is staring at her while blinking repeatedly.

"What are you up to right now?" Inquired Jungkook of Rosé

The girl, while curling her hair with her index finger and smirking evilly at Jungkook, expresses her fear of going outside and people falling in love with her because she is pretty.

"Did I correctly hear that or am I losing my hearing?" Jungkook pretended to cough and then he rolled his eyes.

"I suppose you're the one who can't hear, Mr. Jungkook, or should I say future husband of Jieun?" Rosé playfully teased Jungkook.

Prior to uttering any words, Jungkook locked eyes with the girl and approached her closely, so their faces were almost touching. Rosé was unable to move away and blushed at Jungkook's actions.

Jungkook playfully commented on her red, flushed cheeks after drinking rosé. She stayed quiet and tried to hide her embarrassment.

"Let's change the subject," Rosé said quickly to divert attention from her shyness towards Jungkook.

Jungkook was unable to burst into laughter but simply smiled smugly at Rosé, did they just share a tender moment?

edited [ 28/05/24 ]