2: Detention

I heave a sigh as my first day of school was incredibly tiring. Finally, lessons have finished and it was now the end of the day. But oh fuck, I have 3 hours detention with Mr Hwang. Great...

Marching through the hallways in small strides, I catch the attention of many students who crowded the hallway. Their gazes fixated on me, I avoid looking back and continue to head to detention. I wonder what's so distracting about me until I get a brief flashback of what Mr Hwang had told me this morning.

I act extra cautious and tug on the hem of my skirt, assuring I don't flash anyone. The guys in this school seem extra thirsty. I felt uncomfortable at how many people kept their gaze on me as if people already knew me!

A few more steps and I was at Mr Hwang's classroom. I wasn't surprised at the amount of students in the class. There was at least 20 odd students - majority of them being male, a few innocent-looking kids and a few troublesome ones. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one here.

As I sat in one of the vacant seats, Mr Hwang stands up - his hands on hips, a brief smirk plastered across his face and a hard, sharp, intimidating gaze. "My god are there so many of you troublesome ones. I assume you all know why you're here." His tone was quite sharp and clear. Pretty sure it was able to pierce through the eerie silence, lingering in the rather small and dark classroom.

Whilst most, pretty much all the students nodded their head as if they were somewhat frightened of him, I stood up and spoke.

"Actually sir, I really don't know why I'm here. Yeah you gave me a detention for speaking back, being late, wearing a tiny ass skirt but don't forget I'm new. I'm not really clear with the rules here, you know." My voice was getting quieter but I remained confident.

He scoffs and crosses his arms, taking a few steps closer towards the desk I was sitting at.

"Stay behind for a little while longer. I need to speak to you." His tone was demanding, cold and bitter. It sent shivers down my spine and caused me to shudder.

---

After another whole 2 hours of Mr Hwang's lectures on the rules of the school, the whole classroom was empty, leaving me alone with him. It was now only him and me in this dull classroom. Me sitting at the front desk and him sitting at his, reading a book.

Okay so it's fair that he gets a break and I don't. I am definitely not tired of rewriting each of the rules ten times and getting them in my head. Surely that is too important compared to my private life.

I get tired and stretch my arms. My wrist was on the verge of falling off. I've probably already dislocated my right wrist and now it just has to fall off. As soon as the tip of my pen, moves from the paper, as soon as I click my pen and put it in my pencil case, Mr Hwang shoots his head up and gazes right at me. Placing his green bookmark between the two pages of his book, he places it down and gets up, taking small steps towards me.

Both his hands were on my desk and his face was now inches away from mine.

"Right, Luna. Now that everyone has gone, I can talk to you." I could literally feel his hot breath brush my lips.

"Everyone left like 15 whole minutes ago, but go ahead speak." I raise my brows at him, leaning back.

"Miss song, you will be expected to stay in my classroom after school for every school day of the week, regardless of whether you have detention or not."

"What?! Why is that?!" I immediately question him, pretty much shocked that I'm being punished by having to see his (beautiful) face for another extra hour, every day of the school year.

"Don't oppose else I'll make it two hours. Besides, It will benefit you. Everyday I'm going to lecture you on the rules you have to follow and basic principles."

"I stayed here listening to your annoying voice for almost 3 hours and all you did was tell me about the rules in the school. What more rules are there? I'm pretty sure these were all of them?!"

"Not school rules. My rules."
________________________