6. Melina

Melina 

Closing her hand around the wad of tissues, she bunched them up and shoved them into the pocket of her jeans. She resumed to simply watching her tray while the others chattered. 

She was only making matters worse for her, and everybody else. Her job was to simply burn the stories and return back to the sanctity of her home, the HQ, not to befriend a guy and enroll herself in a school. She just hoped that the lockdown would be lifted by the end of the day so that she could make a run for it.

She could feel Shaun's gaze boring on her, but refused to look up. If anything, she was feeling more cofused now than ever. 

"Shaun," came Alex's voice and she looked up to find Alex and Angie looking at her. 

Shaun straightened up and looked at Angie. "So, Angie, I know now's really not the good time to be asking you, but we gotta catch this perp. So, anything you might remember from yesterday, anything at all that you feel was very significant, please do tell us."

Angie didn't say anything, just simply nodded.

"So, do you remember what happened last night? Did you happen to meet anyone suspicous, or see anything that looked anything out of the ordinary?" asked Alex.

Angie closed her eyes, as if trying to remember. "I remember coming back from the Academy and sitting at my table, trying to finish my assignment. But then I realized I couldn't, so I decided to go to the Cafe instead. You know what happened there, Shaun. And then, I returned back to my room. After that, I..." she trailed off and her eyebrows knitted together. 

Melina swallowed. After that, she'd gone to her room and stolen the password. She knew that there was no way Angie could remember any of that, but that didn't stop her from freaking out, anyway.

"Yes?" Shaun prompted.

"I... I don't remember. The last thing I remember was that someone woke me up to tell me that my stories were gone," Angie ended with a sob.

Melina could feel her heart kicking speed. She looked at both the boys. She could see their minds churning. They were smart. It wouldn't be long before they realized that Angie was drugged. She just hoped they'd figure it out after she'd left the place. 

"So you're saying, you don't remember what happened before that?" asked Shaun.

"Yes."

Please don't think she was drugged. Please don't think she was drugged. Please don't...

"You don't think she was drugged, do you?" Shaun asked.

Her heart stopped. They'd solved this much. It wouldn't be long before they found it was her. It was over, it was all over...

"Nah, I don't think so. I mean, how could she have been? You can't smuggle drugs into the dorm or the Clubs. Unless she'd eaten something at the restaurant or somewhere else, there's no way she could've been drugged," Alex said, nonchalantly, to which Shaun nodded. 

"Nevertheless, I wouldn't rule that out," he said. "Did you meet anyone yesterday? Anyone who might have looked suspicious?"

Angie thought for a moment, and then her eyes snapped to Melina's. 

Oh dear.

"She was the only one I'd met yesterday," Angie pointed to her. 

Everyone's eyes turned to Melina, and she felt like curling herself into a ball. They knew, they knew it was her. Shaun was going to be so mad, Mark was going to be so disappointed. Gone, it was all gone...