MISS-UNDERSTOOD

KARV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something new was going to happen. Another date with this girl and I am damn excited about meeting her the next morning. It is not that I hadn't been on dates before but I had never been so excited for any other girl and not many girls stayed with me after the first date. The reason was clear either they realized that I was a snob, a rich, insolent aloof or I would simply dump them on the second date, not being interested at all.

Tanya, my-ex was the first one to last a second date, and now it was Mishika. But both were poles apart. Tanya was organized and Mishika clumsy, one was straight forward and the other carried the expertise to drive you crazy with her words. Unlike Mishika, Tanya never got into my skin and somehow I knew that our relationship wouldn't last long. In fact, I was waiting for a chance to break-up with her and I finally got it one day.

Not a big reason though, but enough to break-up with her. It was not that she was cheating on me, nor that she was a gold digger, however, Aarush believes so, but the actual reason lies within me and I believe that it should stay with me or else I'll be a laughing stock. Well, Tanya was a controlling freak.

She actually used to control me

The story is quite boring. I was on a business trip on those days. Tanya followed me to my trip, I told you earlier, she was a controlling freak, and she wanted me to accompany her to some stupid club and I was not interested at all. I disagreed and she gave me two choices, either I should accompany her or she would break up with me and to that, I agreed.

Why do girls like her think they can control any man by emotionally blackmailing them?

But Mishika was different, she was different from all girls that I had come across.

"Cool I'll be there" I was still gazing the message she dropped me, still smiling thinking about the very precious date with that girl. I chuckled when I saw the box still in my room, for the very first time I had tasted a proper Gujarati cuisine, otherwise, South Indian and Punjabi dishes were the only dishes that were served in my plate when I was home. I was tired eating, Pindi Chana, Chhole Bhature in the dinner and idli dosa and rasam for the breakfast. This is what happens when you are a combination of two cultures.

I heard a tap on my door when I was changing "Wait a minute, I am changing" I call out. I knew who it must be, so I quickly changed to my night suit and as expected, Tashu was still at the door with her earphones plugged in.

"Bro, you take much more time than girls" she commented entering in.

"I told you I was changing"

"Ya, whatever!" she plonked on the bed "Have you heard the latest release of Arijit Singh? I am a fan dude" she said.

"I know, I know, you are not much into romantic music, especially Bollywood, but I think you must surely listen to this one," she said almost plugging the earphones into my ears

"Tashu! Tashu please..." I take them out of my ears.

"Okay fine," Natasha said. "Hey! whose lunch box is that?" her eyes must have traveled to the lunchbox

"Umm...." I pick it and keep it aside "No, it's just.." I try explaining but she interrupts "Bro, hot lunch is always served to you either at home or in an office where did this come from?" she asked inspecting the lunch box, she bit her lower lip when she opened it, a bite of Daal Dhokli still left in it.

"Woah! Kind of different dish, what is it called?" she asked.

"Daal Dhokli"

"Oh! Daal Dhokli and all Ahaan! Girlfriend and all haan!" she whistles while commenting.