Chapter 2

Kirito's POV

I woke up seeing the morning sun flood into the bedroom.

We need better curtains.

I sighed and rolled off the bed, making a loud thud. I looked upwards at the ceiling, peering to the left towards Eugeo's top bunk.

I blushed, remembering last nights events. I slowly pushed myself up and put on some casual clothing, it was a day of rest after all. I pulled on some black 'converse'. Or at least that's what they looked like they should be called... I don't know why. They were actually 'black and white training pumps' but that was a mouthful.

Suddenly the door opened, and in came Eugeo. He still had his bed head, and was wearing a similar outfit to mine.

"Ah Eugeo you're already up." I said smiling. He sighed.

"Yes, hardly..." He mumbled while yawning. He walked over to the desk and sat on the chair.

"Did you sleep okay Eugeo?" I questioned, still struggling with my shoes. I saw him nod slowly and give me a perplexed look.

"Hey Kirito... Isn't that the left shoe? You're putting it on the right foot." Eugeo said, trying not to laugh.

I blushed and looked down. Laughing nervously, I corrected myself.

"T-Thanks Eugeo." I mumbled almost incoherently. We just laughed it off and I moved over to my bed, tidying the mess I'd made.

"Kirito, when are we going to go on our break? Or when are we going to ask?"

I looked into his green eyes, they were so mesmerising...

"We can ask today. And find out when we can go." I answered, giving him a side smile.

He nodded and walked towards the tall window, opening it to let in a summer breeze.
I stared at him, not noticing how long I had been looking.

"Kirito why are you looking at me like that?" Eugeo said, giggling nervously.
I quickly looked away, thinking of a witty reply.

"Oh, I was just admiring you." I said, with a smug look on my face. I could tell he was definitly blushing and, to be honest, I wasn't lying.

"K-Kirito! Don't say that!" Eugeo blurted out, he was very flustered.
I just laughed.

"I'm joking! You've still got bed head Eugeo." I smiled at him as he fixed his hair, blushing madly. Either with annoyance or genuine fluster.

Probably annoyance.

I sighed, and walked towards him.

"Come on Eugeo, we've got a break to ask for." I gave him my signature smile, and we started walking out the room.

- Timeskip to after asking -

Me and Eugeo were walking through the market, admiring little things here and there.
Our break had been accepted, and we could leave tomorrow for two weeks. To be fair, I'm not entirely sure where we're going to go. But I am able to spend a couple weeks with Eugeo, where we can do anything! There will probably be a lot of training involved, and just relaxing.

"Hey Eugeo? Where are we actually going to say for two weeks?" I asked him, in case he had any ideas.

He looked up at me, our eyes meeting.

"You don't have a plan?" He sighed, and stood up straight.

I shook my head, I mean, I should of had a plan to be fair.

"We could buy a house?" I suggested, rubbing the back of my neck. Eugeo blushed, and tried to avoid eye contact with me.

"W-what do you mean? And where would we even buy one? If we did..." Eugeo mumbled, looking very uncomfortable about the idea. Did Eugeo not want to spend time with me? I still answered his question, even though I was a little upset.

"Somewhere like Rulid, maybe? Surely places like that have houses for sale? And it probably wouldn't even be a proper house, just a place we could go on our breaks. Like you know, a 'man cave'" I laughed out the last bit, of course he probably didn't know what that was, I looked towards Eugeo who seemed to be deep in thought. I poked his cheek and he looked back at me.

"I mean I guess that could work... but where are we going to go? And do we have enough money?" He asked, timidly.

"Let's head west, we'll find something... probably." I grabbed his hand and started dragging him out of the main town, running past all the buildings. I started to blush for some reason, and I looked down at our hands.

I carefully pulled away, trying to make it unnoticeable by Eugeo who was struggling to keep up with me. I laughed and stopped running, only to get another persons body slam into mine. Us both falling over in the process.

As expected the body was Eugeos, and he was on top of me, his arms where both above my shoulders, and one of his leg was pressed between the middle of mine.

I blushed and looked up, only to see Eugeo, panting and tired. I smiled at the odd sight.

"Hey Eugeo, I know you're tired but I can't exactly get up with you on top of me." I whispered, laughs escape my mouth as I smiled.

"Well maybe you shouldn't just suddenly stop running." Eugeo gargled, his voice sounding very strained, and tired.

My heart started throbbing, why did Eugeo have to make his voice like that? I felt Eugeo's leg push forwards in between my legs as he was getting up.

What's going on with me? Why do I feel so hot...?

I looked up to see a smiling Eugeo holding out his hand, I took it and he pulled me up with minimum effort.

I brushed myself off, trying to ignore the feeling in my lower region.

"Kirito, you have no idea where you're taking us do you?" Eugeo sweat dropped.

I laughed and sheepishly nodded, I felt a bit sorry for dragging Eugeo into this mess of mine.

"I should have asked before but, are you sure you're alright with us taking such a long break? And even buying a house?" I asked, stepping forward slightly.

Eugeo gave me a funny look, then laughed slightly.

"Of course Kirito! I-I mean I can do anything with you and it's usually fine." He smiled.

I love it when he smiles... Wait what am I thinking??! I can't keep going on like this, I'll end up breaking the Taboo index. And plus, Eugeo isn't interested in men... I'm pretty sure he's in love with Alice. Maybe I could ask one day?

We carried on walking, small conversations being thrown here and there.

I'll ask him during this break... it is my only chance.

——